When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2007 CD rotor question

ALEX.CPA

Pictures of 07 CD posted by Angus

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...&hl=2007+CD

show 07 rotor with what seems like etched letters. Perhapse I am halucinating...but....could anyone confirm if 07 CD model has similar to Slevin rotor taht does not have a timebomb issue (falling off letters)?

Thanx

Stupid Question...

...there are no stupid question...only because I've asked them already...if you use the search for caseback tool or something like that...you should find what you need.

How do i crack IWC 2007 CD case open? Just by applying the force? Do i need a special tool?

The expensive route is a press-like tool that gets you a lot more torque while safely having the watch mounted in a vice-like base.

The cheaper option is a Bergeon Jaxa tool...which is a three pronged tool that has adjustable prongs, and changeable ends to fit the various casebacks (not Rolex). The even cheaper option is a generic Chinese Jaxa you can find on Flea Bay for pretty cheap. The construction on the Bergeon and the Chinese one is very different...but the cheap one is usable...but it doesn't have anywhere near the same quality.

THANKS FOR REPLY. i HAVE USED A RUBBER BALL FROM MY SON'D PLAYBOX. WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

...there are no stupid question...only because I've asked them already...if you use the search for caseback tool or something like that...you should find what you need.

The expensive route is a press-like tool that gets you a lot more torque while safely having the watch mounted in a vice-like base.

The cheaper option is a Bergeon Jaxa tool...which is a three pronged tool that has adjustable prongs, and changeable ends to fit the various casebacks (not Rolex). The even cheaper option is a generic Chinese Jaxa you can find on Flea Bay for pretty cheap. The construction on the Bergeon and the Chinese one is very different...but the cheap one is usable...but it doesn't have anywhere near the same quality.

i AM NOT SURE ABOUT OPTION TO HAVE ROTOR EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT STICKERS....

i BET THE CHEPEST AND EASIEST OPTION BY FAR WOULD BE JUST TO REMOVE LETTERS WITH A TOOTHPICK. I DID IN 10 MINS AND I HAVE NEVER OPENED UP A WATCH CASE BEFORE IN MY LIFE.

Angus seems to show 2 options for the rotor...with stickers:

IWC-CD-08.jpg

and without (seems to be the preferred):

IWC-CD-09.jpg

Has anybody tried ordering the option for the undecorated rotor??