When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 45 mm UPO clasp broke.

bubba

My 45mm UPO clasp broke. I am so mad. It is my favorite watch. It still locks together, but when I open it It falls right off. The pin in the middle of the clasp broke (the pin where the one bar folds into the two bars(sorry about the bad description)).

I need to buy a clasp and/or bracelet. Anyone know where to get one or possibly have one for sale?

Can it be fixed? I am afraid to take it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

I would go with loctight 272, it is a basicaly a thread locker, it crytalises and fills all spaces but would not make it so hard that it could not be removed if needed, what ever glue you use you will need to articulate the joint a bit while it glues so that the inner part remains mobile.

Sorry to hear about that :(

Personally, I'd say that sourcing the pin might be more hassle than it's worth (unless Ofrei can provide the precise part) so I'd suggest seeing if you can buy a new bracelet from the supplier, or, maybe using this as an opportunity to try it out on a rubber strap :) Best of luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed the clasp. I used red loctight 271 and a paper clip. I cut the paper clip to size, put the pin through the center part of the joint and put glue on the ends of the "pin". I put the joint together and left it alone for an hour. I moved the joint after 1 hour and about every hour after that to make sure the joint wouldn't lock up. It is a bit stiff, but only because I clamped a little tight. Good as new for now!!!

I'm late throwing in my two cents here, but I had the same problem. I went to wal-mart and bought a whole collection of needles, found one that fit, filed it down to the right length, and glued it in place with super-glue. I think you might have a problem with the paper clip because the metal is much softer than the original pin. A steel needle is much stronger, and my repair has lasted for over a year.