When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproofing chrono push buttons

hooky

Hi guys,

I have a couple of PAM and FER.

when they arrived, i used to directly oil the O rings of the caseback and the crown stem. I greased them with Swiss Bergean sticky grease.

The one thing i do not know how to protect are those CHRONO PUSHERS.

Anyone has an idea if the chronopushers also can be protected, for maintenance, to keep them waterproofed, even after a couple of years?

For instance, can the pushers be removed to be able to get to the rubbers inside these chrono pushers?

Thanks,

Jouke

@Rolexman,

Would you like to elaborate on this stage of the procedure?

These can be a serious mongrel to remove....I have my own technique..... and the replace stage....but would be interested in others technique!

Offshore

Thanks Rolex!

i just removed the movement and all. looking at that C clip with my loupe. Those are some really tiny mothers.

How did you remove them? even a pair of small tweezers can hardly get a grip. Could use a tiny screwdriver, but i do not want to break them. What is your procedure?

Thanks man!

Indeed.. they are tiny as a mother. Ok here goes. I hope this makes sence.

With my left hand (I'm right handed) I push the case with the chrono pusher I want to remove on the table. So the table will push in the pusher. Now you will see the c-clip. Then I take a small flat screw driver and hold it (at the base of the tip) against the left opening of the c-clip with the point finger of my left hand. This way the c-clip can't turn or move when you try to remove it. Then I will use another flat tip screw driver in my right hand to push against the right opening of the c-clip and so removing it. It usually just falls in the case or jumps against the crystal. Not a great technique but it works for me... you also need a lot of patience and determination to get them out. Just take your time.

Good luck.

PS: Replacing is the easy part. Just take a tweezer. Position the clip on the shaft and push on the dead center point (the center of the round clip) with a flat tip screw driver. Make sure you push straight or else it will rocket off and you will never find it again LOL.

Edited by Rolexman

Rolexman,

Thank you for your excellent post and for sharing your knowledge!! With these guideline, it will definately get the job done.

I will do it, and then will bring it to my local watch smith, to test waterproofing. Before, it could take nearly 5 bar. Hopefully now a couple of bar more. :)

When it is done, i will post it on this forum.

Thanks again Rolexman, You rock!!!

Jouke

Rolexman,

Thank you for your excellent post and for sharing your knowledge!! With these guideline, it will definately get the job done.

I will do it, and then will bring it to my local watch smith, to test waterproofing. Before, it could take nearly 5 bar. Hopefully now a couple of bar more. :)

When it is done, i will post it on this forum.

Thanks again Rolexman, You rock!!!

Jouke

You're welcome.