When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB mat gold problem

ToniR

Hi!

I just got new mat gold version and it is outstandingly good looking peace of art..

However there is one little problem. The subdial hand on 3 is one step behind what it should be.

I remember that i was read on some forum that it's problem that could be solved without opening the hole watch. I don't have equipment and knowledge and i don't want to take any risk to send it back repair of this problem.

Do you guys know what i should do or link of that post. I try to find but can't find it.

Topic without pic's s worthless so here's some eye candy..

8143010478535919437web_0.jpg

8143010478535919442web_0.jpg

8143010478535919480web_0.jpg

8143010478535919451web_0.jpg

All is taken really quick so they are not fine but it shows but the problem is..

I confirm that only quartz watches have reset adjustment functions.

Was it like that when you received it or was it a result of a reset of the chronometer?

This should be a 5 minute work for a watchsmith. If you don't have access to one and consider continuing in the rep-hobby, I suggest you try to find one. Sooner or later he will be useful!

In the mean time, try running the chrono for a few minutes and see if it changes when you reset it. Maybe it will snap back to zero. Otherwise, just run the chrono for a minute, then stop it and you are set. I know that a lot of people will tell you that it is not good for your power reserve/wear/tear of your caliber, but I have a 7750 with a slippage problem, that I have cured like this. Going strong for the second year and it looks perfectly aligned.

I'm going to assume that the OP would like to do that, what with CNY and all and the Customs risks, it'll be another month before they get a replacement.

It was probably less time-consuming to have a DIY solution instead.

It is not going to be as simple as what some wrote here if you are doing it for the first time. The chance of ruining the watch is very high. More so if you do not have the tools. The dials and hands are fragile, one wrong slip and there will be marks or unsightly scrtach that will haunt you like a sore everytime you look at the watch. I suggest you take it to a competent watchsmith to do it. Even then, get somone who is a true watchsmith not those aho change battery for quartz watch type. Hope you can get it solved. I learmt this the hard way.

It is not going to be as simple as what some wrote here if you are doing it for the first time. The chance of ruining the watch is very high. More so if you do not have the tools. The dials and hands are fragile, one wrong slip and there will be marks or unsightly scrtach that will haunt you like a sore everytime you look at the watch. I suggest you take it to a competent watchsmith to do it. Even then, get somone who is a true watchsmith not those aho change battery for quartz watch type. Hope you can get it solved. I learmt this the hard way.

I agree. IT IS NOT 5 MINUTES FIX. A newbie must practice first with cheap watches.

Thanks for your replies. It was straight from the box like it is now. I think it would be wise to find wachsmith, good one who make reps also.

I have tried if it reset but no help for that, i also tested if i run chrono minute and the the problem is solved but what about if i use movement with pause mode all the time?

I think that i make some other mod with my BCE TT and UPO and make all mods at the same time with decent watchsmith.

But the watch make my all others look like cheap fake. It is so beautiful at live and in all lightning that I have been admire it almost hole time since i got it. God damed i'm happy that i ordered this version!!

I have a simiar problem with two of my A7750 28800 watches.

With one I opened the case and twisted the hands into the right position. I know this is probably the rough way and is probably not recommended. However it looks fine now and I just dont use the chrono of this watch.

The other one is more bothering. Apparently the 30 seconds 3 o clock hand was fine but after the first chrono run it reset to -3. Did do a couple of chrono runs in the hope it would cure itself but instead resetting then resulte in around -6!! I left the chrono on over night until it powered off - and resetted then - its now at -11!!! Really annoying - very bad behaviour!!

Now if this doesnt change - what is the best way: opening the case, getting the movement out is fine, I have the tools - but what then?? Pulling the hand back to 0 or removing the hand and putting it on again. The latter one seems to be the softer more proper approach but I think the risk that I damahe the dial is probably higher then the risk of ruining the movement when twisting the hand back to 0. Anyway with this behaviou I will certainly not use the chrono of this watch anyway.

By the way - is this someting which happens commonly? I presume its a wise thing to newer use the chrono anyway with either A7750 or ST19?