When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great beer from....Austrailia?

hambone

Some people like beer. I love beer and have always been on the lookout for standout brewskies. Let me tell you that today I picked up a six pack of Coopers Brewery Pale Ale out of South Oz and it is superb and delicious. It can be hit and miss when trying the multitude of pale ales out there, some are heavy and bitter, while others are smooth and refreshing. Coopers is on par with the best available. Not cheap either. The store where I got mine had it for 10.99 a six pack, which for beer is s bit more than usual. Well worth it. This is old new to the down under crowd no doubt, but for those inhabiting the far reaches, try it if you can get it. :drunk:

Here's a tip, keep your eye open for Cascade Pale ale from Tasmania (the first brewery in Australia), I'm a Victorian Bitter man myself but I will never say no to a Cascade Pale Ale, once voted the best beer in Australia.

Ken

Here's a tip, keep your eye open for Cascade Pale ale from Tasmania (the first brewery in Australia),

Indeed KB,

As it happens, during my little Christmas soiree', I visited the Cascade Brewery, just in an information seeking role of course.

It was pointed out that the base of all good beer is the water, and its quality.

Cascade obtain theirs from the melting snows of Mt Wellington, which looms high over the city of Hobart.

A wonderful tour of the brewery was followed by an invitation to sample a few brews. Whilst Pale Ale is high on the list, their Draught, Lager, and many others(now forgotten) were also wonderful.

Probably was a good thing "the bride" was with me, as it is indeed a winding road down the mountain, and I fear my senses were somewhat dulled, (not to mention the breath testing station, set up on a semi permanent basis, 1/2 way down the mountain!)

Tasmanians have an amazing concept of tourism and promotion. The tour is free, as is the "tasting", and it is, as much as you want! However you sign a guest book, and are not permitted more than 2 tours per year. Apparently some of the local lads were doing evening "tours"......every evening!

Offshore

Some people like beer. I love beer and have always been on the lookout for standout brewskies. Let me tell you that today I picked up a six pack of Coopers Brewery Pale Ale out of South Oz and it is superb and delicious. It can be hit and miss when trying the multitude of pale ales out there, some are heavy and bitter, while others are smooth and refreshing. Coopers is on par with the best available. Not cheap either. The store where I got mine had it for 10.99 a six pack, which for beer is s bit more than usual. Well worth it. This is old new to the down under crowd no doubt, but for those inhabiting the far reaches, try it if you can get it. :drunk:

And the xxxx in Castlemaine stands for [censored].

i hear you guys in the usa dont get Jim bean an cola in a can over there, same with jack daniels etc?? whats up with that

No problem, they are not missing anything. American bourbon is nasty stuff and no comparison at all to the the great Scottish single malt

whiskeys and their counterparts.