When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

changing up

jnagy

Well....this is something that I have been thinking about lately....and I think that with patience and a steady hand I can do it myself....

Log on to ofrei.com and check out the tool section....you will atleast need a hand removal tool and perhaps a bergen dial protector....also a tool to place the hands back on the pin when all done....of course the hands will probably not fit on your new movement unless you buy the same movement as the one you are replacing....

I imagine that you wait until the movement is out of juice....not running....remove it from the watch case....then place the hands at 12:00 and insert the bergen dial protector....then use the hand removal tool and carefully take off the hands....one by one....then remove the dial....

From here it might be a little more complicated that I imagined....not sure though....as long as the new movement works with the dial I suppose everything will be fine....

It all depends on what watches your referring to and the movements they have.

If they have asian automatic movements, the hands will not fit the Swiss movement, so the swap is not possible.

If it's a Asian 7750 chrono, the hands will not fit either but can be modified to fit, which takes experience and skills to do, and tools.

If you have no experience in working on watches, removing movements, working under a loupe, no tools, etc, your much better to pay someone to do the work for you, the odds of success if you try it yourself, are not good.

RG

As ziggy said there are manny variables in this job and not as simple as it can sound with no experience. If you have a few watches you dont mind breaking then have a play and learn , also check out the timezone on line courses if you are serious about working on your own watches.

THANK YOU.I'VE TAKEN A FEW MOVEMENTS OUT TO CLEAN SOME MESSY CRYSTALS BUT HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY HANDS OFF.OFREI.COM DOES HANE ALL KIND OF STUFF INCLUDING THE GMT MOVEMENT I NEED.I WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE IT A GO BUT NEED GOOD ADVICE.OTHERWISE I WILL NEVER LEARN,RIGHT?P.S. I LOVE ALL PANERAI WATCHES,REAL AND FAKE!

THANK YOU.I'VE TAKEN A FEW MOVEMENTS OUT TO CLEAN SOME MESSY CRYSTALS BUT HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY HANDS OFF.OFREI.COM DOES HANE ALL KIND OF STUFF INCLUDING THE GMT MOVEMENT I NEED.I WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE IT A GO BUT NEED GOOD ADVICE.OTHERWISE I WILL NEVER LEARN,RIGHT?P.S. I LOVE ALL PANERAI WATCHES,REAL AND FAKE!

Where did you find the fake PANERAI WATCHES??? :Jumpy:

again i'm new here,what is the correct term :a panerai replica,fake panerai,pan homage,etc.?i have a fiddy with swiss unitas,2 marina militares ,a pvd and stainless with asian unitas'plus a 029 gmt in the mail.it is also an ebay marina militare.