When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Most Legitimate 1950

davidsenjpn

This is the final result of my another project

The 1950!!

No special serrial nos

No decorative Swan neck movt

Just one point most important to all Panerai lovers,NO RECESSED CANNON PIN!

The hour and min hands are sitting nicely and comfortably on teh XL long cannon pin Shaft.

69948-32920.jpg

1 to 1 casing and sapphire crystal

69948-32921.jpg

69948-32922.jpg

Sorry,no swan neck decoration but this movt has a builit in XL cannon shaft insead.

69948-32923.jpg

I know there is no swan neck on this movt.

Pls tell me what other flaws you need me to work on just to make better 1950 everboday loves.

Edited by davidsenjpn

Well i am not a fan of the stick on plates with panerai on it i would rather go for the (is it G or H) plain version, yes a working swans neck is fairly important and a well closing crown, saphire and as long as it keeps good time.l

PS whats this one going for?

Andy <_<

Well i am not a fan of the stick on plates with panerai on it i would rather go for the (is it G or H) plain version, yes a working swans neck is fairly important and a well closing crown, saphire and as long as it keeps good time.l

PS whats this one going for?

Andy <_<

IMO the stick on plates have two big advantages over the engraved bridges:

1) the engraving is much cleaner--probably because the factories do not have the technology required to engrave the bridges to OEM standards.

2)the alignment pins are not visible when the plates are used.

Unless you remove the caseback so that people can inspect the movement under magnification, the plates are not visible as such--you need a loupe to tell the difference between the edges of the plates and beveling on an OEM movement.

Davidsen, why can't they fix the engraving on the plates? Can you ask your engraver to make the plates correct for the next version? Why not put the letters in the same places as they appear on the OEM. Compare a rep and OEM movement, paying close attention to the top left row of "P-A-N-E-R-A-I" beneath the swans neck and you will se what I mean.

Things to fix on the fiddy:

1)the engraving on the plates

2)a more subtle sunburst pattern on the gears

3)a swans neck

Things to fix on the H series movements:

1) "officine panerai" the right size and font

2)swans neck

3)more subtle sunburst pattern on the gears

Things to fix on the L-Swiss-L dials:

1)make a version w/ sausage numbers/markers in C3 superluminova

2)Make the "A's" look like the OEM dials, not the rep

But here's the part we need the most:

An accurate H series guard--the right size with the right aggressive brushing, NOT the too small size w/ wimpy brushing we get on our reps.

I think we owe Davidsen a big thanks, buy way of ordering some of his parts. He is the first person to understand that there is a demand for specialized aftermarket rep parts for those of use who strive for perfection in our reps--and he's trying his best to meet that demand.

great post davidsen

important considerations :

- 1:1 case

- correct crown and guard.

- good operation on guard lever.

- Super Lume dial & hands (or at least offer as an optional extra)

- correct hands

- no recessed pin

- sapphire front and back

- correct AR

- movement reliability (offer a full server as an optional extra)

- nicely engraved movement. Stick on plates are not good. (the recent 127s engraving were dreadful !!)

- functional swan neck

- high quality control (i've just return a watch to a dealer as there were several issues, including bits of loose metal in the mechanism and inside the front

- correct and high quality papers

- PAM box as optional extra ??

- maybe offer without the strap... everyone replaces the strap, so little point in supplying one. (make one available as an extra)

Davidsen, I've been following the work that you've been doing for some time now and its very impressive. Its great that you ask for feedback.

I guess the real selling point of any replica is its resemblance to the original, the closer you get, the more demand there will be, espically for popular models.

I'm very intersted in getting a 127 from you, however not sure i would purchase one that had stick on plates, thats a really big negative.

Cheers

A

Edited by qt11

To Davidsen:

If you now have the 47 mm case. Why not make some of us really happy and do a 47 mm vintage model. I was going to buy this just for the case but you already have the other dial so I guess the only other thing would be the reg tradmark on the crown guard. On this I would even do the unfinished 6497 movement. Personally, I don't really care how much it looks like a gen, I just want a watch I personally like. IMO I think the getting rid of the recessed pin is a big improvement. I really don't like how it looks. Very nice.

One more for the for the historical aspect. ;)

70018-32911.jpg

Ok Panerai lovers, get ready to eat some raw flesh!!! Sorry for this opinion but these watches are just butt ugly! :yuk: They look like light bulbs with straps. Are they really the second most copied watch in the replica world? I just don't get it. :blink:

Create a good rep for a decent price.

We must try to cut the costs.

Swanneck engraved movement,why?

Believe me when you see/feel a gen the copy engraved movements are crap,sorry. :)

I think the most important is the front.

...We need is a reliable movement allready serviced (blanc, no plates or whatever) (too expensive and for what?)

1) Correct case , real 1:1 with correct bridge and good lever.

2) Sapphire AR front,back maybe but not so important i think.

3) correct dial with the best lume,there is.

4) correct hands with the best lume.

5) correct pin, no problem because you can offer this allready.

6) NO strap

7) The most important , quality check before sending the goods.

Crystalcranium : Buy what YOU like. ;)

...and you know what, I'm trying to like them. I've got 20+ watches from a thin leather strap Girard Perregeaux gyromatic to an Omega SPM Diver chrono that's 15mm thick and I love them all, all styles and shapes. This watch just looks so functional with so little aesthetics I just don't see the appeal. Yes, I get the mistique angle of a millitary watch that only became available to the public recently, and I suppose seeing it worn in a few action genre movies by a Sly and an Arnold helps but that doesn't change the fact that the watch looks like a watch designed by a few Navy Seals in a bar one night. "Make it big as hell so we can see it under water and make sure the crystal is domed and thick so I can bang it on a coral reef without it cracking...and waterproof that crown. Yeah, I saw a watertight door once on a ship. Use a big cammed lever to jam it down nice and tight....."

Click here for more fun!