When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newb here need help please making my first purchase.

LifterCatcher

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learned from the best ;):lol:

:lol::wub:

Now I am on the search to find a strap to go with my PAM000 trying to find a really thick one!

Dude, I do not like thick straps, but I tell you, I fell in love with this one and bought it yesterday (in the Risti Acc. Corner):

straps21508001.jpg

straps21508002.jpg

It's the one with the chisel tail by Julien Landa, a Risti-strapmaker. :)

Look at the quality of that leather, and the personalied touch! StrapCulture's got nuttin' on him.

Yummy those are great, I am looking for this picture that I saw on here the other day that had a very nice thick strap and a very wide buckle that is really what I want. Im still looking

OK I think that I found it!!!! I think its SC Legand Is the buckle big?

Edited by LifterCatcher

Yummy those are great, I am looking for this picture that I saw on here the other day that had a very nice thick strap and a very wide buckle that is really what I want. Im still looking

Lifter, I mean this sincerely, not because he's a strapmaker here or because I like him...

But you cannot GO WRONG if you buy this strap:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=67564

DSC00322.jpg

It even has what I do believe is a repro of the Holy Grail of PAM buckles. More than that, I cannot say. Either way, I'll let you know if I find something like you want. :)

@Vic: Nice choice!

It even has what I do believe is a repro of the Holy Grail of PAM buckles.

@Lifter: Mate, you can't go wrong with Victoria's advice, she definetly knows straps, leather and strapmakers. And above all, exceptional taste. So follow her lead and you will be satisfied to wear an amazing strap on your first PAM.

Cheers!

@Lifter: Mate, you can't go wrong with Victoria's advice, she definetly knows straps, leather and strapmakers. And above all, exceptional taste. So follow her lead and you will be satisfied to wear an amazing strap on your first PAM.

Thanks SO MUCH guys! I will claim the good taste part because I'm conceited. :p

But there are a lot more proficient members here about straps. You truly cannot go wrong in listening to what Savage, V, Tootall, and others have to say.

And yes, Lifter, that SC one you fell in love with I think will suit. Good luck! 15% Risti discount -- don't forget to mention that you read that forum.

Check out the Photo Gallery Strap Culture have:

http://www.strapculture.com/customercorner.html

It shows you customers' photos of their PAM/SC strap combos. :)

This is DELICIOUS:

sc53-600x442.jpg

This is more your speed though (THICK -- SC HM Legend SCLG-M882)

chocc3-597x416.jpg

OMG I am going to go broke buying straps before REPS.................

I think I am going to go with a SC Legand II for my first strap and also buy the one from V that you posted because it well..................looks amazing.

PICT00452-596x433.jpg

NICE AND THICK

140-600x496.jpg

Edited by LifterCatcher

I passed 200 straps around Christmas, and I'm still going, Lifter. Panerai is alllll about collecting. It's the original recycle watch. :p

Just to note, please please buy one Strap Culture strap at a time. Then you can see if you like the texture, thickness, and smell (they sometimes smell really badly -- bad leather construction, I suppose).

Good show about the V strap! :tu:

I passed 200 straps around Christmas, and I'm still going, Lifter. Panerai is alllll about collecting. It's the original recycle watch. :p

Just to note, please please buy one Strap Culture strap at a time. Then you can see if you like the texture, thickness, and smell (they sometimes smell really badly -- bad leather construction, I suppose).

Good show about the V strap! :tu:

Once again thanks a lot for the wonderful heads up. I can only afford one at a time..........lol :lol:

Hopefully I wont get a stinky!

this site is going to be the death of me. I read last thing before I go to bed and look at me Im here first thing in the AM.

Chris

Victoria and others I need your help.

Just got done speaking with Andrew (great guy btw) and he informed me that the PAM000 Logo is no longer in production :o . So it's time to pick another watch from him. He recomended the PAM005 but I would rather have this PAM203 that I found but would like some advice from the lady and you guys.

If I am reading this correct it's a 47mm that is auto not a PAM127 but a PAM203 http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...p;products_id=9

The Crown and the CG look nice and beefy. Your input before I pull the trigger

P203A_6.JPG

P203A_2.JPG

Edited by LifterCatcher

Wheew I did it I finally pulled the trigger, after a lot of thought and a lot of reading and looking I finally made my first Rep purchase!

I ordered the Pam005 from Andrew. There where some things that I was looking for in my first purchase of a rep and I wanted to make sure that the watch had those.

I wanted a big watch 44mm or bigger and wanted it to be auto. I really wanted a fiddy or 47mm but did not want to spend the $$ to get one from Davidson to prevent getting an exploding one.

Also I wanted a watch that is believable I really like the looks of the Pam203 but a 24 year old kid walking around with a watch that retails for 100k is not too likely. I used a picture of the GEN here

http://www.essential-watches.com/watch.aspx?ID=11209

and the Rep here

P005A01_2.JPG

I sat and stared for a good 5 min and the rep looks pretty good. Well we will see I can

Edited by LifterCatcher

Hey Lifter,

Did you find a good dealer here in CONUS? If you don't mind, could you let me know who you decided to purchase from and why? Also, what types of upgrades did you end up getting? Thanks.

I found this...

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1841

It does describe it as being an "ultimate", but I'm not sure if it is. Also, it states that it has a Swiss movement, but how can you be sure? It doesn't state if it has re-lumed dial and hands either, which is very important for what I'm looking for.

What do you guys think? Is this a good dealer? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Ztech

Hey Lifter,

Did you find a good dealer here in CONUS? If you don't mind, could you let me know who you decided to purchase from and why? Also, what types of upgrades did you end up getting? Thanks.

I found this...

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1841

It does describe it as being an "ultimate", but I'm not sure if it is. Also, it states that it has a Swiss movement, but how can you be sure? It doesn't state if it has re-lumed dial and hands either, which is very important for what I'm looking for.

What do you guys think? Is this a good dealer? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ztech, First I am very new here and have been reading this forum like a mad man for the past few days. I mean 6-8 hours a day on and off to all hours of the night: D and I love it. There is a heck of a lot to learn and I have only been reading about Panerai.

I am not sure where Andrew is located but I am sure that the watch will be coming to me from over seas. Pretty sure the watch will be dropped shipped could be wrong.

The main reason that I chose Andrew is because of the positive feedback that I have read about him and his customer service is top notch. I wanted to make my first purchase as easy as possible and he accepts credit cards. Plus as Victoria puts it peice of mind, If I get a bad watch or something goes wrong knowing that Andrew will fix it ranks high in my book. I don't want to have to hassle and beg to get something fixed.

Before you pull the trigger on a fiddy or 47mm search "exploding fiddy" the glass tends to break, I

Edited by LifterCatcher

Ztech, First I am very new here and have been reading this forum like a mad man for the past few days. I mean 6-8 hours a day on and off to all hours of the night: D and I love it. There is a heck of a lot to learn and I have only been reading about Panerai.

I am not sure where Andrew is located but I am sure that the watch will be coming to me from over seas. Pretty sure the watch will be dropped shipped could be wrong.

The main reason that I chose Andrew is because of the positive feedback that I have read about him and his customer service is top notch. I wanted to make my first purchase as easy as possible and he accepts credit cards. Plus as Victoria puts it peice of mind, If I get a bad watch or something goes wrong knowing that Andrew will fix it ranks high in my book. I don't want to have to hassle and beg to get something fixed.

Before you pull the trigger on a fiddy or 47mm search "exploding fiddy" the glass tends to break, I

:lol::wub:

Dude, I do not like thick straps, but I tell you, I fell in love with this one and bought it yesterday (in the Risti Acc. Corner):

straps21508001.jpg

straps21508002.jpg

Look at the quality of that leather, and the personalied touch! StrapCulture's got nuttin' on him.

Whoa, THAT is nice. I'm sure we will se more of it, right?

Whoa, THAT is nice. I'm sure we will se more of it, right?

You bet your life, Doc. :)

Guys, I'm a little worried how I'm the one doling out info on PAMs in these threads. Whilst I love to help out, and that's my motivation 100%, I don't want Lifter or anyone else to be under any misapprehensions about my expertise.

(He's not! We PMed each other wonderfully, and I made sure he knows that. Very nice chap)

But please chime in too, okay? Kru, PAMman, Babola and others -- you went strangely silent recently in the Panerai area. Even V is posting more in the PAM section on RG now. Let's not let RWG become like the RWI Pannie section...somewhat lacking. :(

Wheew I did it I finally pulled the trigger, after a lot of thought and a lot of reading and looking I finally made my first Rep purchase!

I ordered the Pam005 from Andrew. There where some things that I was looking for in my first purchase of a rep and I wanted to make sure that the watch had those.

I wanted a big watch 44mm or bigger and wanted it to be auto. I really wanted a fiddy or 47mm but did not want to spend the $$ to get one from Davidson to prevent getting an exploding one.

Also I wanted a watch that is believable I really like the looks of the Pam203 but a 24 year old kid walking around with a watch that retails for 100k is not too likely. I used a picture of the GEN here

http://www.essential-watches.com/watch.aspx?ID=11209

and the Rep here

P005A01_2.JPG

I sat and stared for a good 5 min and the rep looks pretty good. Well we will see I can

TeeJay

Nice Fiddy I love it!

Hey TeeJay, do you have your crown guard on the 127 upside down on purpose?

:huh:

Not too sure what 1950s you've been looking at, but that's how the good folks at OP designed it :lol:

(check the image properties for validating the image :) )

1065971777698_PAM00127_scheda1.jpg