When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Ordered my first Omega

macht030

I just ordered my first Omega.

I ordered an Omega Planet Ocean 42mm with black leather strap. I decided to save a bundle of cash and not go for the 4th gen.

It is VERY likely that if I like the PO and the size seems right (i.e. not too big) I could opt for a UPO later (I am after all, officially addicted to reps)

When I bought my first rep this summer (a Breitling Navitimer) you guys said it would not be my last. You were absolutely right. I now have the Breitling Navitimer, Panerai Luminor Automatic 40mm and a Rolex Submariner LV.

I can't wait to add the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean to the collection!!

How long does it usually take for Andrew's stuff to arrive? I've never ordered through him before.

I just ordered my first Omega.

...When I bought my first rep this summer (a Breitling Navitimer) you guys said it would not be my last. You were absolutely right....

How long does it usually take for Andrew's stuff to arrive? I've never ordered through him before.

heh heh, i know the feeling, its been a year since my first purchase due to life being busy but i have been thinking of my next purchase ever since

Andrew is reliable, to UK it takes a few weeks sometimes due to the odd customs issue, not sure about US

i'm eyeing up a PO chrono at the moment :)

UPDATE:

I am yet to receive my Planet Ocean. The EMS and USPS websites both state that the watch left China on the 21st. Nothing has been posted since.

Here is why I am concerned: After ordering the PO, I decided that I just had to have an SMP as well. I ordered the SMP from Andrew.

"Foreign Acceptance" on the SMP = 23rd, received the 27th

"Foreign Acceptance" on the PO = 21st, yet to be received.

What do you guys think has happened, lost in the mail? Customs?

UPDATE AGAIN:

From USPS website

"Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Does this mean customs snagged it? Or just that they lost the package. Wonder what the odds are of ever receiving it now.

Ok. my school english tells me that,

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible.

;)

All is well

I hope that jab was meant in good fun, as I consider myself a very well educated person. Resonses on tracking websites are canned responses. I was simply wondering if this was known to indicate anything more particular. For example, I am am inquiring if it was common knowledge on the board that this canned response from USPS typically results in the package never being found etc.

In particular, having worked with the US government in the past, I know that these kinds of assurances are often empty.

Edited by macht030

Ah, the anticipation's rising. :lol:

Think about how it's going to feel, when it finally comes. Yes yes, that oh so sweet arrival thats killing you right now just thinking about it. Fighting all the tape. Pouring it out of the box into your hand, your mind immediately registering the weight, it feels so good. Anxiously scrambling away the wrapping, knowing in just moments it will be yours. Then it happens. The first touch, which with the most natural evolution, turns into a scrupulous once over. You unconsciously murmur under your breath "amazing".

Here's to a safe arrival. :drunk:

It arrived! Without any indication from USPS that the situation was resolved, it magically appeared at my door today (Sunday of all days). It was a very unexpected surprise.

I managed to take one picture that turned out decent. How do you guys get such good close up pictures? What setting should I use on my digital camera? It's just a point and shoot Sony.

DSC00131.jpg

It arrived! Without any indication from USPS that the situation was resolved, it magically appeared at my door today (Sunday of all days). It was a very unexpected surprise.

I managed to take one picture that turned out decent. How do you guys get such good close up pictures? What setting should I use on my digital camera? It's just a point and shoot Sony.

Yeah...the shipping can be funny. You'll know if it's held by customs as they will send you a notice. I've found stuff delivered well before any update on the tracking sites is made.

Nice piece.

As to the pics...choose macro mode and natural light (no special lamps)...short of a macro mode...buy more reps to get more practice. HAH.

Nice watch, I'm glad it finally showed up, the waiting can suck sometimes.

If that's the 42mm, you probably shouldn't buy a UPO.

My wrist is far too small for a UPO. That's why I ordered the 42mm. I'm wondering if I could get away with a 44mm Pam though.