When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good old Bond Seamaster

By-Tor

This rep is soon 3 years old, and it has received a lot of wrist time. So no wonder there are nicks and scratches here and there.

The "old factory" SMP... one of the first really good reps that ever surfaced. A rep classic for sure. I never get tired of it. ;)

77a.jpg

HERE is a 1024x768 sized version.

This rep is soon 3 years old, and it has received a lot of wrist time. So no wonder there are nicks and scratches here and there.

The "old factory" SMP... one of the first really good reps that ever surfaced. A rep classic for sure. I never get tired of it. ;)

Still one of the nicest reps of one of the best Omega's. I may have to look for another one soon (gave mine to my brother).

SR

Still one of the nicest reps of one of the best Omega's. I may have to look for another one soon (gave mine to my brother).

Indeed. This is definitely a classic.

My brother has one too. He bought his from Paul. I recall Paul used to sell this for $178, with ETA movement... those were the good times. :)

Fantastic watch By-Tor, I currently have mine in Asian 21J (with pins instead of screws ;)

Apart from the pins in the bracelet, are there any other key differences between the 'old stock' SMP and the current ETA SMP's offered by the dealers?

Actually, I have no idea.

I think some members have managed to get this exact same version (save the bracelet pins).

I don't go to the dealers' websites much. Maybe they still produce and sell this one?

Fantastic watch By-Tor, I currently have mine in Asian 21J (with pins instead of screws ;)

Apart from the pins in the bracelet, are there any other key differences between the 'old stock' SMP and the current ETA SMP's offered by the dealers?

If I recall, the positioning of the HE valve is different (in line with the 10 position, where it should (and was on the old model) be slightly higher) Other than that, I'm not too sure...

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I guess almost all longtime members remember when this watch came out. It was a smash hit... one of the first "super reps".

@TeeJay: They never produced this standard Bond SMP with correctly positioned HE valve. It was the 007 Seanaster version, which had the infamous SeaGull movement inside. The HE valve is too low on my watch. Strange that the gen SMP chrono has lower HE valve position, which is correctly positioned on the rep.

• 3 weeks later...
That's a pretty watch, By-tor. That's the very watch that got me interested in watches in general.

Same here! I have yet to get a good one. I had one from Jay, and two from Andrew. All of them duff. I've been promised a replacement from Andrew next week. I'll let you know...

* I guess the 'new factory' models aren't up to snuff.

Edited by f5mando

I have one of these, pins in the bracelet, eta. The bezel was a shade of blue too light on mine so I picked up a chrono bezel for it.

I fitted a set of gen hands and forgot to get a second hand :rolleyes:

Once the bezel is fitted and the second hand on it should be pretty nice.

This is an old pic, I made a pearl for the old bezel some of you might remember.

omegapearl.jpg

That's a pretty watch, By-tor. That's the very watch that got me interested in watches in general.

YEP, has been my all-time favourite ever since I saw it and the first rep I ordered.

Oder got lost in the mail and TT sent me this old-school version that he must have had lying around.

Palpatine corrected a lume defect ('dent' at 9) by reluming it.

I am wearing it as we speak and have finally asked K2222 to treat it with AR !!

(love knowing about the special HE-valve position)

IMG_2457CS2.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_3912-1-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Duhuhude! That's the best looking rep of that watch I've ever seen! I gave up trying to find one that good: After buying four bad ones, I decided to hunt for a good used gen (after not finding any 'new old stock' anywhere). After a few weeks of TZ and ebay trawling daily I got lucky on fleabay: Last week a dealer had a new one in the box with all that goes with it, including a 2 year warranty! I put in the minimum bid (around what a mint used goes for) and prayed no-one would notice it but me. I'd stumbled on it, as it didn't come up in any searches. At 8:30 this morning it was mine, with no other bidder forcing me up to my max bid - I was the only one bidding on it! It'll be here tomorrow by overnight shipping, included with insurance in the 'free shipping' deal. I can't wait.. :3a:

Edited by f5mando