When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Through Thick and Thin...

DuDro

Due to the fact that I do not own a caliper, does anyone know the thickness of the "thick" and "thin" tubes and screws that are currently available on our PAMs?

Once I'm armed with this information, I can try to track down some of the "thicker" tubes...

When you find the thicker ones, let me know (bigger inside diameter). I have a PAM 172 from Davidsen that is built in his "OEM" case. This case uses screws that are a bit thicker than the other rep cases out there. I have found that because of sample differences in generally available "ebay" tubes, some almost fit, most do not. I was actually thinking of using a ream to open a few just for this case (the difference is very slight). I think in general however, there is but one proper size. I wonder if the commonly available tubes are actually built to exact Panerai specs.

You could always go to a hobby shop and just get some steel or aluminum tubing and cut it into ~24mm sections. I know enzo has done this in the past with success.

I feel your pain, 'Dro. The case for my Angus "Ultimate" uses the bigger screws as well. I replaced them with River springbars, but they rattle about in there a bit...

Edited by peepshow

You could always go to a hobby shop and just get some steel or aluminum tubing and cut it into ~24mm sections. I know enzo has done this in the past with success...

Had not thought about that!

Now the hard part is finding a hobby shop in my area...these stores seem to be slowly dwindling away...Sad. -_-