When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 21J

iflylow78

There are several different "Asian 21J" movements.

If you are meaning the DG2813 (the most common), it is:

Diam: 25.6 mm (11 1/2 lignes)

Height: 5.25 mm

My understanding is the dg2813 is the "eta 2824" if so then it would probably not be it as the ones I have seen (watches) with automatic movements do have the "gmt" hand so I would guess it would be the 2836-2 variant.

That said I would assume as long as the movement I want use is thinner than the one that came it I can space the movement to get the proper fit.

if my thought process is wrong - please feel free to say so and point me down the right path

Edited by iflylow78

My understanding is the dg2813 is the "eta 2824" if so then it would probably not be it as the ones I have seen (watches) with automatic movements do have the "gmt" hand so I would guess it would be the 2836-2 variant.

That said I would assume as long as the movement I want use is thinner than the one that came it I can space the movement to get the proper fit.

if my thought process is wrong - please feel free to say so and point me down the right path

If you want the same movement with GMT hand try ebay Item: 130202194573 same size as the DG2813 but with Gmt hand

My understanding is the dg2813 is the "eta 2824"

No, the DG2813 is a copy of the Miyota 8215.

A decent Asian copy of the ETA 2824 and 2892 is the ST18. Very thin (3.65mm).

if so then...

Now you got me quite confused.

Do you want to put an ETA 2893 in your watch, or what?

Also, the J12 has date @4:30. How do you think to cope with it?

Anyway, here is a thread on RepGeek that might help you. They mention the DG3804B.

Now you got me quite confused.

Do you want to put an ETA 2893 in your watch, or what?

Also, the J12 has date @4:30. How do you think to cope with it?

I want to use the 2893 as my understanding is that it is a true GMT movement and not a modified one. I will be making my own face so I do not care where the date is on the donor watch.

Sorry for confusion - was exhausted last night when I was typing

I want to use the 2893 as my understanding is that it is a true GMT movement and not a modified one. I will be making my own face so I do not care where the date is on the donor watch.

Sorry for confusion - was exhausted last night when I was typing

Thanks, now it is clear.

I suppose that the original Asian movement in your J12 had a date window in the proper place.

If so, then you can go easy with a 2893. The 2893 is a very thin movement, AFAIK all the Asian movements with an eye @4:30H are thicker than it.