When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen. or New Dial Release allready ? Breitling Superocean Heritage.

rodwc

Either Tony is using a genuine pic. for the Superocean Heritage,

or there has been a dial update allready?

Look at the position of the "P" tail, in relation to the "A" in automatic.

Getting what we see and pay for ?

I`m getting sick of this !!

Heritage.jpg

Heritagewebpage.jpg

Either Tony is using a genuine pic. for the Superocean Heritage,

or there has been a dial update allready?

Look at the position of the "P" tail, in relation to the "A" in automatic.

Getting what we see and pay for ?

I`m getting sick of this !!

Heritage.jpg

Heritagewebpage.jpg

If you have a problem with the sale, try contacting Tony and discussing it with him. All you're going to get here, are people saying Tony is a scammer, and people saying he's a good guy to deal with. As has been mentioned before, Tony is not a watch expert (likely not even a watch enthusiast) he (certainly appears to) relies on what his suppliers tell him. In a western business, that is an unnacceptable lack of product knowledge. In Chinese business, it is the prevalent attitude. I do not condone any kind of scammers, but I honestly do not believe that Tony is willfully or knowingly scamming anyone. Wags like to say "Ignorance is no defense", well, in situations like this, maybe it should be. I've always found Tony helpfull and polite when dealing with enquiries, I really would suggest contacting him to discuss your concerns. You're likely to get a much more satisfactory (or at least accurate) answer than you will here, where people can only make suggestions. Best of luck with your enquiries :)

Thanks for that TeeJay.

My main and only point was mis-representation.

The sellers qualifications and interests are not my business or concern,

But to show something which does not represent what one is trying to sell is

in my opinion, wrong.

I accept that this goes on most places, I am simply bringing to the fore,

for buyers to beware.

You seem to know Tony , fairly well, and are most probably correct in your

evaluation of his business character. I ,in no way wish to slander anyone.

Simply, "what can`t speak, can not lie ."

Obviously not genuine pics taken fdrom somewhere else, since the hands are not in the typical 10-2 positioning, but there are 'little white lies' from dealers, and then there are just outright big lies: it supposedly has a Japanese auto movement and is 440 stainless steel. Isn't it only the 'grade A+++' scam sites that state those type of things?

@ TeeJay: Saying he lacks the knowledge of what he is selling makes the lies ok?

@ TeeJay: Saying he lacks the knowledge of what he is selling makes the lies ok?

Yes and no.

All I'm saying, is that if Tony does not know the information he is giving is out is incorrect, then, he is not 'lying', as there is no intention to mislead others (and no knowledge that he may be doing so). It's rather like libel/slander laws. Someone can only be charged with them if they personally know, that what they are saying/printing about another person is false. If they genuinely believe that what they are saying/printing is the truth, it is not libel/slander. That is the distinction I am trying to make here. As mentioned before, when I asked Tony to source me a PAM 112 (by name) he was confused and asked if I could show him a picture of what one looked like. Those are not the comments of someone who knows the details of what he's selling.

I agree, no, lies are not acceptable, but, if someone does not know that they are lying, and are simply passing on incorrect information, (ie they do not know the products and take the suppliers at their word)it is not fair to lump them in the same catagory as those who lie and do know that they are passing on incorrect information. If that makes any sense...

[Edit to add]

Isn't it only the 'grade A+++' scam sites that state those type of things?

Scam sites do not send out merchandise, or, do not send out the merchandise pictured. Tony does send out the merchandise he advertizes. As mentioned previously, he may have taken some bad advice about his site, and is not a watch guru, but, that does not make him a scammer. He is friendly, professional and pleasant to do business with. He responds swiftly, and his aftersales service, ie on faults, is perfect. Maybe he is not the best source for people who don't know anything at all about watches, who don't know what tells to look for, or what questions to ask, but, he is certainly not a scammer. His feedback on CQout should be enough to prove that he is an honorable dealer, with many satisfied clients (in a sales market where dealers are removed if they accumulate negative feedback, unlike here, where negative feedback goes ignored and tollerated, by being viewed against 'the big picture'. CQout doesn't offer dealers 'the big picture', dealers either play by the rules, or they are gone. Tony's feedback there speaks for itself.)

Edited by TeeJay