When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE Graphite Dial..

lanikai

I am posting this more for the members that have recently come on board and are looking at modding their reps

Well sometimes a watch will make it's way to Canada and return having really nothing done aesthetically

except for the Lello DW swap it would appear to be the same as when it left...

post-2172-1204237255_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1204237269_thumb.jpg

Except...... the A7750 movement has been fully serviced ... true Horology .. watch repair .. watch smithing .. it had been running 6 minutes fast every 12 hours .. it had been like that since I got the rep

but having read Ziggy's review on the A7750 movement (you will have to research it yourself.. may be time to get the supporter upgrade to access this area)...these movements from China .. can be spot on .. if serviced properly .. i personally have found some makers (certain lines of replicated watches) are serviced better than other lines ... The BCE IMO are serviced quite well. but the occasional movement will slip through the cracks.. so for me sending it to Ziggy for servicing is a win -win situation .. because sooner or later instead of spending the money on a Swiss 7750 i wanted to see what the movement would be like if I had it serviced "properly"... There were multiple problems with the movement from escape wheel .. balance wheel etc.

Edit add on: one important point "servicing"is not squirting oil on the movement.. the movement is taken apart .. so inquire as to what "servicing" consist of...with your watch smith

it had to run for about 12 hours before it (for lack of a better word) ..meshed and now is running spot on... the rotor is as quiet as a Swiss 7750 ... and the movement itself feels smoother when i set the time and date than when it left.. it felt like "cheap' metal gears and now after the service feels like the ETA movements when turning the crown.. I returned home today and when I looked at the time on the computer the BCE was 6 minutes slow... well my immediate reaction was .."what's wrong with my computer" ...ha.. and sure thing... the time was off on the desk top and not the BCE... must have had a surge .. which Honolulu is famous for ...

Now, you know how I feel about promoting dealers or anyone else on the forum.. but this is not a promotion.. Ziggy doesn't need that.. what this is, is info for all the post I see about members that join RWG asking about the A7750 movement...and disappointment when theirs is erratic

So much emphasis is put on the "look" of the dial and wanna be modders offering services .. only for the nominal fee of 1 weeks salary.. well take heed newbies.. or whomever.. I hope you can read this and realize that modding is an art form, and not as easy as painting a wall.. Horology is the pure essence of the timepieces we covert

Edit Add on:.. these pics were posted yesterday my 104 was modded by Ziggy ... this is what a relume should look like .. "should " is by Ziggy's stanrdards.. and IMO correctly so

You CANNOT find a trace that these sausage numerals have been relumed AT ALLpost-2172-1204242213_thumb.jpg.....post-2172-1204242189_thumb.jpg

and if you are looking at Lume shots.. BEWARE the pics are not manipulated by yawning shutter speeds.. you can make the worst lume appear to glow like a laser if the pic is manipulated... this was taken indoors during the daylight and with 400 on the digital.. normal speed.. with no charging .. only held it up to the window for 10 seconds

post-2172-1204242227_thumb.jpg

So before you decide on how to spend your money.. take time to do your homework and learn from those who post the negatives as well as the positives....

post-2172-1204238308_thumb.jpg

Aloha,

Lanikai

Update : time check.. 24 hours has past and the A7750 movement that was set via my blackberry is as of now running spot on with the blackberry.. checked it at 3:27 both units read the same..

Ziggy is a true artisan with an amazing amount of talent. His lume jobs are fantastic, and what he does under the dial is even more impressive!

He's serviced some of my most prized watches/movements (2892's, El Primero 400's, Valjoux 23, etc); I can't think of a more capable individual that I would trust these to :)

I don't know if there are any top gear fans around here and I'm reposting but...

Some say that his eyes glow like superluminova C3 at night...

Some say that his head only turns in one direction when he swims...

Some say that he sleeps in a cage that rotates 360 degrees and has a particular disdain towards gravity...

Some say that his annual physical is conducted by Contr

I don't know if there are any top gear fans around here and I'm reposting but...

Some say that his eyes glow like superluminova C3 at night...

Some say that his head only turns in one direction when he swims...

Some say that he sleeps in a cage that rotates 360 degrees and has a particular disdain towards gravity...

Some say that his annual physical is conducted by Contr

@ lanikai

Thanks for the kind words. I am curious to know how accurate the watch is running, I am lucky if I can get + - 20 or more seconds per day, even after the service on a A7750. Some are better, but most are in the 20 seconds area.

Glad to be of service as always.

RG

The Words are "earned" as is the Respect..Actions alway's speak the truth and are louder than any acollades Z..

I have the piece on one of the auto winders and will keep tabs via the same instrument I started it on.. my blackberry...LOL.. so in 24 then 48 hours I will post on this thread again.. but so far it is without counting the seconds spot on..I will monitor it for the finish of this thread..

Thanks for the exellent pride in your art..Z

@slai... Tequila was my fav .. well one of them.... Heradura Anejo... used to be you had to smuggle it over the border .. now available in US .. try it you both will surely be suprised at it's smoothness.. and that as far as "smoothness" will go... there's silver.. gold and then the Anejo..

Aloha

R

The ZigmeisterZumba is no doubt the grand master. I've been trying to read all I can from RG since coming to this forum about 6 months ago. I need to read faster I guess because I seem to encounter the problem, make the mistake, and then read the solution he offers...got to get ahead. The last example of this was his write up on manual winding of automatics. Here I was hand winding my A7750 while reading why I should not be doing that.

Update on the Movement.. as of this time the A7750 movement that was set via my blackberry(24 hours) is *SPOT ON*... the blackberry read 3:27 and the BCE A7750 read 3:27 at the same time.. I don't know down to the seconds as I didn't synchronize it with an instrument with that capability

But DAMN................ :1a: