When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some pics of my MBW 1680 and 1665

Martyd3

Very nice. Are you planning on aging the lume at some point on the dial/hands? I think it would take the rest of your mods to the next level, and make the two watches complete. Is there a gen bezel on either of those watches? I know you'd tried the Clark aftermarket, but wasn't sure if you'd tried something different once it didn't work.

Very nice. Are you planning on aging the lume at some point on the dial/hands? I think it would take the rest of your mods to the next level, and make the two watches complete. Is there a gen bezel on either of those watches? I know you'd tried the Clark aftermarket, but wasn't sure if you'd tried something different once it didn't work.

I want to do the lume aging, or I may try an aged aftermarket dial if I can find a good one. I need some dials to practice on first. The bezels are original. I tried the Clark on the 1680, but it would not turn. It was that tight. I messed with it for a couple of days and then gave up :(

I've decided I'm going to get a gen bezel for my 1680, but I'm not in any rush. I'm not going to spend huge $$ on it, and I think I can get one for a reasonable price once I finally get the cash together for a secondary upgrade of that nature. Then again, I just had the thought that the MBW 1680 is modelled after a 5513, which makes me wonder whether a genuine bezel for a 1680 would fit. I think that the bezels are interchangable on both the 1680 and 5513, but I'm not 100%.

Considering the work you already have in your watches, I'd consider going after a couple of good dials as a potential worthwhile upgrade. I think you'd be satisfied with the value of that type of purchase. Not everyone would, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for everyone as an upgrade. But if you're into the territory where you're adding genuine bracelets, adding a better dial (especially for the 1680) might be a good call.