When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB a PAM 036

sulone88

Going to make my first PAM purchase. I feel the disease has hit me :p . I have been reading alot in this section and it is so much to take in. So many models don't know where to start. I have seen some PAM 036 up for sale in the FS forum but I have always been to late in purchasing one. Elprimerozen had one with a swiss unitas that I wanted so bad but it was already sold. I just found one from a dealer that I don't do business with but I have a really bad itch for this PAM 036. If you have a 036 and want to part with it shoot me a PM or send me in the right direction to one of our dealers that may have a nice one. I have read that this TI has been discontiued??? Othewise please give me your opinions on this 036. Give me the good, the bad and the ugly? It is selling for $250 with Asian movt. Thanks guys!!

PAM036.jpg

PAM036_00.jpg

PAM036_02.jpg

PAM036_03.jpg

That movement pictured sure looks Swiss to me...

DSN's Ti case/crown for the 036 is more accurate. There are some issues with the shade of brown used on DSN's watch, though.

The dial pictured has the incorrect "L Swiss L" whereas it should be "T Swiss T". The Zigmeister can fix this issue, from what I've read/seen in other threads.

Edited by peepshow

That movement pictured sure looks Swiss to me...

DSN's Ti case/crown for the 036 is more accurate. There are some issues with the shade of brown used on DSN's watch, though.

The dial pictured has the incorrect "L Swiss L" whereas it should be "T Swiss T". The Zigmeister can fix this issue, from what I've read/seen in other threads.

Sulone,

I appreciate everything about my DSN 36, including David's service. But as an owner I'd have to encourage you to pursue your 36 project without his dial. It does have a purple tint to it, more so under certain lightings. The The Zigmeister fix above would be my way to go if I had to do it a second time. David also makes a great attempt to replicate the 'T' lume and its hypothetical aging. That effort kind sort of falls short as well. After seeing a recent post with the L to T dial fix, I think you could take that one step further and see if a modder could do an antiqued Tritium lume for a darn close 36. Again, I'll reiterate my support for David and what he contributes to our hobby (I'll be buying from him again). Its just that there's superior versions and avenues at the moment.

OK like I said I'm still trying to take this all in.

@ NAVIGATER yes this is from Trevors site. Maybe I was misunderstood " a dealer that I don't do business" what I meant was I have never delt with him. I have only used our dealers on this board. Many people have said good things about him. Infact I'm purchasing some cufflinks to see how things go.

@ peepshow yes this is swiiss, I was mistaken.

@ fat.tail.event "just that there's superior versions and avenues at the moment" Who may have these superior versions?

Looks like I will be doing some more research and forum diving before I make a purchase.

Thanks again for all your opinions and support!

Going to make my first PAM purchase. I feel the disease has hit me :p . I have been reading alot in this section and it is so much to take in. So many models don't know where to start. I have seen some PAM 036 up for sale in the FS forum but I have always been to late in purchasing one. Elprimerozen had one with a swiss unitas that I wanted so bad but it was already sold. I just found one from a dealer that I don't do business with but I have a really bad itch for this PAM 036. If you have a 036 and want to part with it shoot me a PM or send me in the right direction to one of our dealers that may have a nice one. I have read that this TI has been discontiued??? Othewise please give me your opinions on this 036. Give me the good, the bad and the ugly? It is selling for $250 with Asian movt. Thanks guys!!

PAM036.jpg

PAM036_00.jpg

PAM036_02.jpg

PAM036_03.jpg

Just for perspective: I bought that EXACT same watch for just a bit more than 1/2 that amount, BRAND NEW from a dealer at that "geeky" board about 2 months ago...Same case, same thick crown, same flush pin, same Asian movement...But now that Ti cases have been discontinued, the prices have been jumping. The same dealer sold his last batch for $175. last month...And this month...Who knows..??? Maybe $250. is a right number now....?? I hope so!! BTW I love mine, and wouldn't sell IT for $250. either.... :p :p

OK like I said I'm still trying to take this all in.

@ NAVIGATER yes this is from Trevors site. Maybe I was misunderstood " a dealer that I don't do business" what I meant was I have never delt with him. I have only used our dealers on this board. Many people have said good things about him. Infact I'm purchasing some cufflinks to see how things go.

@ peepshow yes this is swiiss, I was mistaken.

@ fat.tail.event "just that there's superior versions and avenues at the moment" Who may have these superior versions?

Looks like I will be doing some more research and forum diving before I make a purchase.

Thanks again for all your opinions and support!

Sulone,

There was a Best Pam36 a couple weeks ago on the board that summed it up pretty well. You have to pick you base model and mod accordingly to get the best result. The DSN 36 dial though has really handcuffed me in terms of modding options because you end up wondering how to mod the entire base of the (purple) dial. Unfortunately I am considering abandoning the 36 and asking DSN to send me another dial...but this post is about your 36 project and not my issues...ha.

If I was doing the 36 over again I'd go with Josh's (personally dont mind a larger crown) and get a modder to artistically fix the L Swiss L to T Swiss T. And then relume the dial to their best T lume look to get the contrast between dial and hand lume. Personally, I would rank the correct lume and dial combo ahead of the case/crystal (DSN's are really good)...I also think this avenue will get a decent 36 on your wrist with the least modding expenses, but maybe someone else has a thought....