When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bizarre movement in my SSD

Nightstroker

I recently purchased an SSD from a dealer on another board....besides a couple of small cosmetic issues....it has a major one....the movement is labeled ETA....but it says 2836-1....not....2836-2....

Have any of you ever seen ETA 2836-1?

Looks just like the 2836-2....all gold....28,000 BPH....

Maybe I got an Asian ETA clone....not sure....

Let me know if you need pics....

NS

Pics please

hese are the specs from both movements

2836-1

11.5''', Dm= 25.6mm, H= 5.05mm

17/21/25 Steine

f = 28800 A/h

Gangreserve 40h

2836-2

17/21/25 Steine

f = 28800 A/h

Gangreserve 40h

So i would say there is no differnece in the specs.

But if you paid for a 2836-2 i would claim a 2836-2 and not a 2836-1 like in you watch.

Now is the question does it make sense for you to sent the watch back to the seller and it will be lost for 90%

Just talk to the seller and maybe you will get a discount for it

Greetings Navi

Yep, I've seen them in the past 2-years ago, there like second hand movements (at least the ones I saw and opened on a few rolexen, send them back) it isn't I think 288000 it's 21,600 or something (i cud be wrong) and it's only 17 jewels or 21 jewels. It's the first generation of the 2836-2, I can't really recall but I think mine didn't had the "-1" it just had just 2836.

Show some pictures, I think I also have some pics of the old ones need 2 find them tho.

2836-1

17/21/25 Steine

f = 28800 A/h

Gangreserve 40h

2836-2

I've seen it in some modern MBWs, it's 21.600bph and it's not correct for a modern rollie..

Thanks guys....good to know that the movement was made by ETA....I guess its new old stock....it seems to be running fine....

I was unable to find any info on this movement at Swiss ETA website....HK ETA website is no longer available....so no luck there either....I think its 28,000....just by ear it sounds the same as one of my 2836-2....I have another SD with bad case and dial....but a good 2836-2....I might buy a hand puller and switch the movements....

Ill take a couple of pics tonight when I get home from work....

NS

Not much to see here....but ill post the pics anyway....it looks identical to the 2836-2....

How ya like my funky 12:00 marker???? Guess I got my work cut out for me....a not so easy mod....

DSC002901.JPG

I altered the pics for clarity....changed the contrast....brightness....saturation....etc....the movement is gold....sorry the pics arent better....my sony cybershot only goes so far....

DSC002841.JPG

DSC002861.JPG

I guess I wont do the swap with my bad dial and case DRSD 2836-2....after all the 2836-1 is 28,800....seems to be a pretty hearty movement....a good runner so far....

The bracelet is not so good....serial number 78790A in between the SELs....when its on the watch the link attached to the SEL grinds up against the lugs....I might need to mill down the inside of the lugs a little bit to make some room....or mod the links to avoid contact with the lugs....sanding em down....or some other method....