When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most accurate bracelet for 1680?

seadweller3

The most correct bracelet would be a 93150 with 580 endlinks. Good luck finding one for cheap. After much work, and only through the help of another member here, I'm going to have a correct genuine bracelet for my 1680. There's a few of us that have been on this quest for the last couple of months, just to give you an idea of the time frames involved. If you have $$, it can go more quickly, but otherwise it's both lengthy and exhaustive to find a reasonably valued bracelet.

After the difficulty and expense in finding the bracelet for my 1680, I'm thinking of just keeping a 78360 for the 1665. I might put a correct flip-lock clasp on it, but I'm not sure. If enough time goes by, I might try to get a more correct bracelet for the 1665 as well. My 1680 is nearly gen other than the case and movement. It's my daily beater and favourite watch. As a result, I wanted to try to get the proper bracelet for it. Even though my 1665 may even be better looking and is 1b on favourites list, I'm a little more flexible about letting go of the search for the proper bracelet for it.

Here's the question:

Is it better to use a 'correct' replica bracelet if it's a good one? Or is it better to have a genuine incorrect bracelet, like an Explorer bracelet on a SD?

That's the dilemma I'm having, and if I am correct about your last thread, it seems that's a question that many of us are debating.

I like the finish of the genuine bracelets. I also am not as committed to the idea of having to have a 'correct' bracelet for a vintage rep...but at the same time it seems kinda dumb to go 99% of the way, and not go that last little bit to have a perfect rep.

I'd been convinced I was going to upgrade the bezel on my 1680 to gen, but then decided after talking with someone more experienced that it's not a high-value mod. I may try to do some conditioning to it, I'm not sure what can be done to try to improve the look. I've had the temptation of taking a 1mm file to each of the teeth, but have thought better of it.

Thanks for the reply and good information. B)

We are in the same boat, I am just a step behind you. I am having The Zigmeister do his spa work to the dial and hands on mine as well as having the CG's milled. The only thing I'll need after that is the bracelet. Not worrying about the movement... at least for now. :D

A folded 9315 would probably be original to a 1680 but those are even harder to find one in good condition than a 93150.

I'm of the mind that a good correct rep bracelet isn't so terrible. The fliplock 93150 that comes with new MBK 1665's now are quite nice and I think TTK can source just the bracelet. I have both gen and rep bracelets on my watches and prices are getting so absurd for parts these days I'd rather that money go towards another watch. Just my .02

You can always step out form the pack and get a silicone strap and logo buckle for about $50 or a G10 NATO for $20 and call it a day :D

DSCN4865.jpg

Thank you, toomuch! I agree with you. I would like to contact TTK about that bracelet. Do you, or anyone, have contact information for him?

Thanks

I think skype is the only way to reach him, it should say right in his signature how to contact him.

Would this be the same bracelet Paso would be selling? He sells the MBW watches.

I have a MBW 1665 from PASO and it does not come with the correct bracelet, not even close he sent a bracelet made of two different ones. The clasp and the diver extension from a moderm submariner and the rest from another that I have idea where it came from.

He said they are out of stock I wish knew that before I ordered the watch