When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS . The oh so long wait.

rodwc

EMSprogress-1.jpg

March 7th. 2008.

Been waiting since last Monday ( March 3rd. )

I had ordered a Breitling Superocean Heritage from Watchmark.

The tracking no. had been sent and worked , on the Chinese EMS website, from the second day.

Posted, Nanning, arrived at sorting office, despatched from sorting office.

Arrived Guangzhou sorting office, despached from Guangzhou.

Then nothing for 18 hours, " no trace of tracked Item".

Bugger.

Thought that I would try International Australia Post.

EMS123456789CN, en route to destination, Australia. WHOOPEE.

Arrival at destination, awaiting clearance, 1 hour later, cleared for delivery.

Now anyone that has used EMS tracking knows full well that this is not the end of it.

Despached to postal Hub, ( they have to drag it out , to make you think that the system is flowing smoothly.)

Cleared for delivery at postal Hub, at 18-30 hrs.

Great , we can be fairly certain that we are going to receive our precious parcel to-morrow.

Morning comes, 9.00 am. ..... no sign of courier vans or Australia Post vans on the road.

12.00...... mid-day.......... ditto. ditto.

We all know that when we have ordered a rep watch, that all other transport should not be on the roads,

this is to give complete clear passage of OUR delivery van, we will get it faster that way.

You will not believe what happened next.

I had just finished my quick , hurried lunch, ( even had a touch of indigestion ), when I saw THE van pull up

on the main road ,outside my house, within seconds , a beat up old Mazda, slammed banged right into the back of MY van.

It was bad, very bad, and the noise of the collision......OMG.

I , grabbed the phone and rang emergency 000, for an ambulance, before running out side to see if I could assist in any way. Smoke was starting to come out of MY van, the driver of the old Mazda, was unhurt and was starting to get out of the wreck.

The driver of my van was badly dazed and appeared to have his legs trapped, then the smoke turned to FIRE, oh [censored],

Myself and the other driver managed to get the passenger door open , and just grabbed the Australia Post driver`s legs,

and started pulling................

Just like I am pulling yours now.

PS. still havn`t received my package yet, but thought I would fill in with a bit of suspense.

EMSprogress-1.jpg

March 7th. 2008.

Been waiting since last Monday ( March 3rd. )

I had ordered a Breitling Superocean Heritage from Watchmark.

The tracking no. had been sent and worked , on the Chinese EMS website, from the second day.

Posted, Nanning, arrived at sorting office, despatched from sorting office.

Arrived Guangzhou sorting office, despached from Guangzhou.

Then nothing for 18 hours, " no trace of tracked Item".

Bugger.

Thought that I would try International Australia Post.

EMS123456789CN, en route to destination, Australia. WHOOPEE.

Arrival at destination, awaiting clearance, 1 hour later, cleared for delivery.

Now anyone that has used EMS tracking knows full well that this is not the end of it.

Despached to postal Hub, ( they have to drag it out , to make you think that the system is flowing smoothly.)

Cleared for delivery at postal Hub, at 18-30 hrs.

Great , we can be fairly certain that we are going to receive our precious parcel to-morrow.

Morning comes, 9.00 am. ..... no sign of courier vans or Australia Post vans on the road.

12.00...... mid-day.......... ditto. ditto.

We all know that when we have ordered a rep watch, that all other transport should not be on the roads,

this is to give complete clear passage of OUR delivery van, we will get it faster that way.

You will not believe what happened next.

I had just finished my quick , hurried lunch, ( even had a touch of indigestion ), when I saw THE van pull up

on the main road ,outside my house, within seconds , a beat up old Mazda, slammed banged right into the back of MY van.

It was bad, very bad, and the noise of the collision......OMG.

I , grabbed the phone and rang emergency 000, for an ambulance, before running out side to see if I could assist in any way. Smoke was starting to come out of MY van, the driver of the old Mazda, was unhurt and was starting to get out of the wreck.

The driver of my van was badly dazed and appeared to have his legs trapped, then the smoke turned to FIRE, oh [censored],

Myself and the other driver managed to get the passenger door open , and just grabbed the Australia Post driver`s legs,

and started pulling................

Just like I am pulling yours now.

PS. still havn`t received my package yet, but thought I would fill in with a bit of suspense.

OMG... my eyes

are hurting from what

you wrote because its

typed like this and I don't know

why.

You are my nightmare. :)

I'm dead serious. That sucks about the accident. But from a seller's perspective, if you're a dealer, sure you have to deal with over-anxious customers, but please, if you're buying a watch from another member don't be so hardcore about the tracking every step of the way.

I honestly don't think some folks should buy rep watches because of the problem they have with delayed gratification.

I'm dead serious. That sucks about the accident. But from a seller's perspective, if you're a dealer, sure you have to deal with over-anxious customers, but please, if you're buying a watch from another member don't be so hardcore about the tracking every step of the way.

I honestly don't think some folks should buy rep watches because of the problem they have with delayed gratification.

Yes... tone down on the details of the tracking, I think we can get the story without the image.

I think that you may have taken this a little too "serious".

It was a joke, a jest, a wink wink, .......... "pulling your leg" ......... :lol:

don`t quite know what that means do we?

Do you really think that I have nothing better to do than worry and stress over the POSTAL system?

I was simply trying to make LIGHT of the situation............ Oh, well dont worry, it will all come out in the wash.

If you haven't received it already, you will receive it on Monday.

NO, NO , NO I wont, I wont.

because.................. its a ..................PUBLIC holiday here in OZ. on Monday.

I think that you may have taken this a little too "serious".

It was a joke, a jest, a wink wink, .......... "pulling your leg" ......... :lol:

don`t quite know what that means do we?

Do you really think that I have nothing better to do than worry and stress over the POSTAL system?

I was simply trying to make LIGHT of the situation............ Oh, well dont worry, it will all come out in the wash.

You had me going on that one! I swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker and......I apparently wasn't the only one! :p

Good one :lol:

I hope your watch arrives soon.

You had me going on that one! I swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker and......I apparently wasn't the only one! :p

Good one :lol:

I hope your watch arrives soon.

Full marks for the honesty and sincerity.

Thank you. :rolleyes:

NO, NO , NO I wont, I wont.

because.................. its a ..................PUBLIC holiday here in OZ. on Monday.

?? It is? What one, I have not heard anything... better not be too, have had my car in for servicing since wednesday, hopefully it will be back monday...

I didn't read the second half of it.

I'm not kidding, I've had to deal with more than a few folks that the type of description as in your first half (before the 'accident') that would fit the description of the character you're playing down to a 't'. It's highly unpleasant, and now I try to screen buyers to see if they're that type of ADD case before I agree to sell to them...

Honest to god, I just offer a full refund now if someone gets antsy about the tracking not having been updated for the last half hour. I say "please, can I provide a refund, and then if the watch arrives you can just return it to me or re-send the payment" just stop emailing me about how I need to go to the embassy and see the trade minister.

?? It is? What one, I have not heard anything... better not be too, have had my car in for servicing since wednesday, hopefully it will be back monday...

As far as Victoria is concerned Monday March 10th 2008 is Labour Day.

Not sure about Sydney, or the rest of Oz.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that "new dealer" watchmark is not so ... "new"?

Call it a hunch.

Really wouldn`t have a clue Corgi.

Could you be being cynical? or just won`t accept another young dealer giving the "cartel"

a run for their money?

The bloke is 29 and so far I have only seen good things of him.

I didn't read the second half of it.

I'm not kidding, I've had to deal with more than a few folks that the type of description as in your first half (before the 'accident') that would fit the description of the character you're playing down to a 't'. It's highly unpleasant, and now I try to screen buyers to see if they're that type of ADD case before I agree to sell to them...

Honest to god, I just offer a full refund now if someone gets antsy about the tracking not having been updated for the last half hour. I say "please, can I provide a refund, and then if the watch arrives you can just return it to me or re-send the payment" just stop emailing me about how I need to go to the embassy and see the trade minister.

I feel that your first sentence sums it up, allways look at the full picture.

Sorry if it brought back bad memories when dealing with highly strung people. :rolleyes: