When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What PAM is Schwarzenegger wearing in 'Eraser'?

DemonSlayer

Arnie wears a PAM in the movie Eraser. At first I thought it was a regular 111 model in SS. However after looking at screen caps from the movie, it appears that its a PVD model and with seconds at 9. The hour markers are also thick. What model do you guys think it is?

Eraser1.JPG Eraser3.JPG Eraser4.JPG

Eraser9.JPG

Eraser11.JPG

Don't know but he was wearing an Invicta Russian Diver in last months Esquire magazine. Wonder how the Audemars Snobs took that one

Could you quickly explain what a "Sandwich dial" is?

Cheers.

You're not BSing me, rt???

It's a watch face that always tells you it's time for a sandwich no matter what the time is.

That's a good one!!!!

Whatever it is...its Pre-V. I am not familiar with any Pre-V models with Ti cases so this one might have been a shadow watch given to \"The Governator\" to wear during the filming. I will look into it a bit more and see if anyone else has some info on it.

***EDIT*** OK, I found out that it s a 5218-203a Pre-V PVD. One sold for $35,000USD back in '06 and resold this January for $50,000.

The originals came with librettos signed by Sr. Paci himself.

pam5218_203a_2.jpg

Edited by stevie7s

You're not BSing me, rt???

Don't be so hard of the fella. The first time I heard the term I thought the dial lume was filled with radioactive cheese. Sort of like an emergency ration for Italian Navy frogmen. if they got stranded behing enemny lines they could eat their watch dials in an emergency.

Seriously a sandwich dial is a dial made by sandwiching a layer of lume between two metal plates with the hour markers and numbers cut out of the upper most plate revealing the lume in the middle.

Phtbbb..

I don't own any Pams (yet) and I've not heard the tem "Sandwich dial" before. I'm not a noob here, but just never heard that before recently. Apparently a "sandwich dial" is a big deal for a Pam. But I had always considered Pams to be very FUGLY so I've always ignored the things.

I apologize, silly me to assume that everyone are into PAMS! Sorry Jon!

Don't be so hard of the fella. The first time I heard the term I thought the dial lume was filled with radioactive cheese. Sort of like an emergency ration for Italian Navy frogmen. if they got stranded behing enemny lines they could eat their watch dials in an emergency.

Seriously a sandwich dial is a dial made by sandwiching a layer of lume between two metal plates with the hour markers and numbers cut out of the upper most plate revealing the lume in the middle.

I couldn't explain it better than that! Well said, sire! Thank you very much!

Lume seems to be one of the big deals about Pams.

Yes, that comes from the Officine Panerai making lumed instruments and pointing devices for the Italian Army even before making watches for them.

Arnold is wearing a 5218-203/A (#24) Pre Vendome. The closest Vendome would be the Pre-A, A, and B series PAM0004s with T dial. Some early Pre-A come with the T- Pre Vendome dials. Also, the 195, but that's DLC coated not PVD. Arnie's watch was a gift from Sly. Funny enough Sly wore a PAM in Daylight before his gift to Arnie, but Eraser was released first so it made it to the big screen before Sly's 201/A (#6).

QUOTE:

Uncle Jay:

Arnold is wearing a 5218-203/A (#24) Pre Vendome. The closest Vendome would be the Pre-A, A, and B series PAM0004s with T dial. Some early Pre-A come with the T- Pre Vendome dials. Also, the 195, but that's DLC coated not PVD. Arnie's watch was a gift from Sly. Funny enough Sly wore a PAM in Daylight before his gift to Arnie, but Eraser was released first so it made it to the big screen before Sly's 201/A (#6).

^^^ Theres someone who knows his Panerai :)

rolli

post-2837-1205144497_thumb.jpg

QUOTE:

Uncle Jay:

^^^ Theres someone who knows his Panerai :)