When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kalashnikov Justice AK-2282.02

blade007

Hiya,

I received my Kalashnikov Justice AK-2282.02 from Pix, the watch is beautiful and well maintained by Pix. Here are some details:

- mineral glass

- diameter without crown 38 mm / with crown = 40 mm

- height (lugs to lugs) : 45 mm

- lugs width : 20 mm

- superluminova C1 (all white)

- movement : Quartz ETA G10

- Swiss made

- water resistant 10 ATM

Here are some pics (courtesy of Pix), I will upload my pics as soon as I get my camera etc sorted out...

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13_Lume__old_pic_.JPG

Any info on the G10 movement is most welcomed..

Thanks

Edited by dakku

Nice pics ! ;)

Definitely a nice gen, and I think a bargain too... :lol:

The lume is outstanding..; Well, maybe it's just because it's gen lume :p

I don't know much about the G10 movement, but as you see it's not a common configuration for a Quartz. That makes it different.

Also, if you look at the other models of the range, some have a citizen movement, therefore not Swiss.

I know it's probably less important for Quartz movement than for mechanical ones, however it's still good to know you've an (almost) 100% Swiss jewel.

The red on black stitching is also something I like a lot.

Wear it well. :)

I really love the cult status that this watch carries, I am not bothered if people "WOW" the brand, it was all about the look of this watch that sold it for me. I guess this is my first gen Swiss watch and I am really pleased with the functionality. Quickly it has replaced my cheap quartz Tag Carera and has become an addition to the daily beater family. And oh.. THE LUME. how I love it when I get back from lunch and the watch nicely glows away in the office.. hehe..

I am still shocked that a quartz watch can do a sweeping movement. I was looking around on the ETA website but didnt see G10 movements with the DAY functionality. Is this a "hack" or movements can generally be adapted this way?

Yeah, gen lume is definitely what's missing in our reps...

Being able to see it glow in the daylight is the best sign of excellent lume.

It IS Superluminova C1.

I'm pretty sure the G10 is an ETa movement, although there are other Swiss manufacturers like Ronda for instance.

Whoever is the maker, the Chrono hand is close to sweeping and indeed this is a unique feature.

I really love the cult status that this watch carries, I am not bothered if people "WOW" the brand, it was all about the look of this watch that sold it for me. I guess this is my first gen Swiss watch and I am really pleased with the functionality. Quickly it has replaced my cheap quartz Tag Carera and has become an addition to the daily beater family. And oh.. THE LUME. how I love it when I get back from lunch and the watch nicely glows away in the office.. hehe..

I am still shocked that a quartz watch can do a sweeping movement. I was looking around on the ETA website but didnt see G10 movements with the DAY functionality. Is this a "hack" or movements can generally be adapted this way?

G10s have dates at 6 or at 4 o clock. Nothing special there. It is very standard. I'm sure that you change the date through the moving of the hour hand (in hourly increments)....no quickset.

It's not really the date that is special, but the week day (subdial at 6) and the seconds hand @2

That's unusual for a quartz movement, and very different from the Quartz movements we meet in most chronos (Miyota OS20)

There IS a quickset for the date (fortunately).

I had some doubts after the previous remarks, it seems we're not talking about the same movement or movement variation.

The G10 on ETA's website can be found in the Ecoline series. None of these have the configuration you see on the Kalashnikov.

Three possibilities :

- either the Kalashnikov has an other movement (in this case the manufacturer announces wrong specs)

- or there are variations of the G10 which you can't find online

- or it was modified, as suggested before, but it seems quite unlikely for a watch of this range (pretty low budget)

Strange, just noticed that the 6 o clock subdial is day of the week!.....wtf....

I would have that watch opened up and inspected. The G10 that i've come to know is chronograph and date at either 4 or 6 oclock, with running seconds at 6 oclock, 10 o clock is running hour and 2 o clock is 1/10th seconds count. The minute counter and seconds counter are on the central pinion.

maybe they changed it. The G10 i'm talking about is the G10211.

Three possibilities :

- either the Kalashnikov has an other movement (in this case the manufacturer announces wrong specs)

Strange, just noticed that the 6 o clock subdial is day of the week!.....wtf....

hehe, its all very strange, none of the G10 movements match the spec of this watch. I guess it ads to the mystery of it all. None the less I am very happy with it.. :-)