When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do Westerners look like Plonkers ?

rodwc

No hassle with the product, no hassle with the postage, no hassle with the description.

BUT, why would anybody , in their right mind pay US$30 extra ,for insurance on a $22 item ?

The Optional insurance is "greyed " out, ( scroll down the description. ) so in actual fact it is compulsary.

The mesh strap in question is being sent by Registered mail anyway.

This guy would be losing sales big time , with this.

item no. 130200032844

link, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=003

It's just another way to pick up extra cash on the sale I think.

I once wanted to buy a CD from a seller 30 minutes away from me, he had burned them himself and was selling them off at 99 cents a pop. the catch was that he wanted every buyer to pay $10 in postal insurance when he could have easily popped them in a $1 CD envelope.

Ken

BUT, why would anybody , in their right mind pay US$30 extra ,for insurance on a $22 item ?

eBay fees are paid on the price without postage. If he charged $50 with free delivery, he'd pay fees on $50. If he charged $20 and $30 delivery, he'd pay fees on $20.

No hassle with the product, no hassle with the postage, no hassle with the description.

The Optional insurance is "greyed " out, ( scroll down the description. ) so in actual fact it is compulsary.

The mesh strap in question is being sent by Registered mail anyway.

This guy would be losing sales big time , with this.

item no. 130200032844

link, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=003

I presume he did that so that in the unlikely event your item gets lost in transit, he'll replace the strap right away (which, BTW, is the total price of the strap + registered shipping) instead of filing a claim with his local post office.

It may not be a scam, but it's definitely price-gouging at its' finest.