When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone dropped an ETA7753 into a Navitimer rep?

musicale

I've never understood why the rep-makers have not made this available?!?

There is a small amount of DayLight chronos with 7753, but I've never seen a Navi with one...I'm sure these would sell much better than the PAMs if they were to be released.

I personally would be interested...Perhaps we could pester Angus...Hmmm.... :g:

If you implanted the 7753, you would run into the following problems:

1) you would need genuine hands. these are nearly impossible to find.

2) genuine dial. seen some on eBay, so it's not that big of a deal.

3) you would lose the quick-set date function. and the way it is modified on the gen tricompax models is that the date change function is used by moving the hands back and forth between 8pm and 2am until you reach the desired date.

Some have said that the tricompax navitimers are based on a 7750 w/o a quickset function. Others have said it's based on a 7753.

Hands can be used from a 1st gen rep Anton. Like you said, dials are available, but they are slightly too large for the rep case. The can be filed down, but much of the slide rule "tics" are hidden under the insert. Date change is a problem, yes, but most could live with that. Biggest problem is the direction of the single digits on the datewheel. I've never seen a solution for that.

Thanks mate... Just got confused as some stated one would need a gen dial for ETA 7753 swap...

You would need a gen dial, but not because of the movement so to speak. Its because the date window on the 7753 is more outboard then on the asian tricompax. You could use the rep dial but the date would be shifted way to the right.

It's such a shame the same factories that produce the A7750 haven't come up with a 7753, it would allow a lot of rep that are released to have the correct movement and the DW issues that all those tri-compax watches have, which is the sunken Date.

If all else fails get your hands on a 6,9,12 Navi It's what I plan to do