When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

249?

Guest asad

I am thinking of making a 249 Homage but this watch already is a Homage to most standards, So who has the best (correct) 249?

Hey, Asad. I saw your posts over you know where, and I meant to congratulate you on your gen!

I feel V is the best one to answer this, since he posted pics of his special 249 recently. In the Search, one similar question was answered by you though! :p

You answered that Davidsen (san) had the best unbranded 249s. FxrAndy suggested contacting Homer. Someone else said Vaccum does too (I heard they were pricey, however). I'm guessing these are used as a starting point to mod them as better Homages.

I'm also getting interested in the 249, so this thread will be a good read. :)

Hey, Asad. I saw your posts over you know where, and I meant to congratulate you on your gen!

I feel V is the best one to answer this, since he posted pics of his special 249 recently. In the Search, one similar question was answered by you though! :p

You answered that Davidsen (san) had the best unbranded 249s. FxrAndy suggested contacting Homer. Someone else said Vaccum does too (I heard they were pricey, however). I'm guessing these are used as a starting point to mod them as better Homages.

I'm also getting interested in the 249, so this thread will be a good read. :)

Thanks Victoria

Yea I know of davidsans 249 but I have had problems with him. I am also looking forward for "V" to step in an educate us.

Thanks

I am also looking forward for "V" to step in an educate us.

I noticed he hasn't replied to Laz' buckle post, and he is ALL over those usually!

(I am waiting for him to reply first, so as not to always answer posts immediately -- it's tiring to always see me as the first all the time, even to me. :p)

However, his wife is due ANY MINUTE. He may not be online, because of that. It's exciting days for him. :)

I noticed he hasn't replied to Laz' buckle post, and he is ALL over those usually!

(I am waiting for him to reply first, so as not to always answer posts immediately -- it's tiring to always see me as the first all the time, even to me. :p)

However, his wife is due ANY MINUTE. He may not be online, because of that. It's exciting days for him. :)

Yea Vic, Completly forgot about that. No wonder I have'nt seen him all over the posts recently. He's probly having one heluva time.

I'm pretty fond on my unbranded/sterile "249" from DSN:

DSCF0859.jpg

Strap is from Savage, BTW.

Lookin good, does it have the bubble crystal?, as from the picture it seems it does not. and thats the way I like it. Alse the indices seem to be to crisp when comparing to the GEN.

Thanks

asad, DSN installed the AR coated sapphire from his 232 rep (same case) at my request. The watch has an unmarked solid caseback and unmarked crown.

Nice, Can you post some more pictures?

Thanks

DSCF0863.jpg

There you go!

Thanks peeps, Can you P.M me? I am wondering as I have had bad luck with davidsan, So if you can order the same you have for me? I can pay extra!

Thanks

My cali dial is not a 249... First and biggest difference the size. Mine is 45mm and 249 is 47mm.

Basically it depends on what you want. A hommage to the Cali dial ? or a Replica of the Panerai 249 ? ;)

dsc00537dx0.jpg

Woo, I did'nt know that yours was a 45mm, I think I want to go big with this one.

Thanks