When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new gen Colt II Auto

UB7

Just picked this beauty up..It's a breitling colt II automatic, black dial - sorry for the crappy pix but my camera is broken and I had to borrow a friends..the lume is really great, and the double AR is fantastic

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Yes, it was purchased in NY (the capital district to be more specific). Not only did I get my usual 25% discount on the watch, but my friend who works there hooked me up with a free IWC Ingy wall clock :D

Thanks italiano! Well originally I was gonna get the SOSF but it was too big, than I tried the regular super ocean and it was nice but it only comes with numeral dials and I hate that, i much prefer the stick dials..And I was going to originally get this watch w/ a silver dial but I changed my mind I think black looks a million times better than the silver dial..The double AR really pops with the black dial, i love it! Its 41mm as opposed to the 44m SOSF, a much better fit for my puny wrists :D i really need to get a replacement camera so I can show you guys how amazing the double AR is, also the guilloche on the dial is phenominal, really a sturdy and quality watch - theres nothin' like the real deal! :)

Yes, it was purchased in NY (the capital district to be more specific). Not only did I get my usual 25% discount on the watch, but my friend who works there hooked me up with a free IWC Ingy wall clock :D

Like I care..

Im not going for the cheap ones. So 25% discount off is what I get from what I would pay in Sweden. But with the $ sinking Im soon down in 50%... :lol:

I saw this Breitling colt in real life! It is a very spiffy thing - nice and sporty, shiny, and yes - absolutely wonderful lume.

It sure is a robust sports watch and definitely worth the price of entry. I bet it's nice not having to worry if there is dust under the glass, or if you can walk with it in the rain!

Like I care..

Im not going for the cheap ones. So 25% discount off is what I get from what I would pay in Sweden. But with the $ sinking Im soon down in 50%... :lol:

@peter:

If you don't care about the warranty and peace of mind you get from buying from an AD, i suggest you get your breitling on the 2nd hand market and you will save yourself quite a bit of $. You also can find them on the 2nd hand market online so you don't have to travel all the way to the states to get a good deal on a breitling, thas the beauty of the internet! Also, online you dont have to pay tax if you buy it from the states. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to drop me a PM :D And if you want to test out a watch before you go out and buy the gen,i suggest getting the rep first and see if you like it, and if you do than get yourself the real deal. Good luck mate!

@corgi:

Thanks corgi! Indeed it is a very beautiful watch in person. When I get my new camera I will take some better pics

Im not sure what you meant by this statement but thats not very polite.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I think they are saying that they are not so concerned with the wall clock, and that they are getting the more expensive watches so they regularly would get 25% discount buying in the US, compared with buying in Sweden...and that as a joke, that with the sinking US dollar, that discount would soon be 50% on the exchange rate alone.

Nice watch!! I like stick markers too, but for some reason, the SOSF intrigues because of the big numerals.

Thanks toadtorrent! Thats what I thought he was trying to say, dang language barriers! The SOSF is very nice, but it depends on your wrist size. It's the same size as the BCE, 44m and it was a little too big for my wrist. But if you can pull it off, its a very very nice watch. But the rep of it is so good it'd be hard to justify getting the gen ya know?

Thanks toadtorrent! Thats what I thought he was trying to say, dang language barriers! The SOSF is very nice, but it depends on your wrist size. It's the same size as the BCE, 44m and it was a little too big for my wrist. But if you can pull it off, its a very very nice watch. But the rep of it is so good it'd be hard to justify getting the gen ya know?

No sweat. Maybe if it was written in ALL CAPS IT WOULD BE EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. HAH.

My wrists are small, but I still just ordered a 2006 Cousteau Diver. I'm hoping it doesn't seem too large. I tried on a gen SOSF and it felt good on my wrist, in spite of them being only 6.5"...maybe because although my wrists are skinny, my forearms and arms are larger than average...nowhere near Lanikai large...maybe like a Lanikai thumb.

I couldn't pull off a Bell & Ross or a Pam I don't think...and I think the BCE seems bigger than a SOSF because the dial layout is much busier.

No sweat. Maybe if it was written in ALL CAPS IT WOULD BE EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. HAH.

My wrists are small, but I still just ordered a 2006 Cousteau Diver. I'm hoping it doesn't seem too large. I tried on a gen SOSF and it felt good on my wrist, in spite of them being only 6.5"...maybe because although my wrists are skinny, my forearms and arms are larger than average...nowhere near Lanikai large...maybe like a Lanikai thumb.

I couldn't pull off a Bell & Ross or a Pam I don't think...and I think the BCE seems bigger than a SOSF because the dial layout is much busier.

Nice congrats. Good choice!