When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer Automatic

kosemkamtsan

Because the Cousteau Divers and the Slevin are soooo much nicer...

:p

@Toad: respectfully disagree. the automatic dial is less busy and therefore would probably appeal to just as many buyers. Also, this watch could take an Eta movt with correct date font straight from the rep factory!! This is an obvious advantage for those of us who don't want to mess with sending our watches out and paying for all kinds of mods. ;)

@Toad: respectfully disagree. the automatic dial is less busy and therefore would probably appeal to just as many buyers. Also, this watch could take an Eta movt with correct date font straight from the rep factory!! This is an obvious advantage for those of us who don't want to mess with sending our watches out and paying for all kinds of mods. ;)

Ooooh...you got me. I have my motto to uphold though, that "You Can Get Better But You Can't Pay More". :D

If only there was a cheap, reliable alternative that didn't need immediate servicing for the A7750...then the servicing issue and date wheel alignment issues would be addressed.

I agree this should be "super" repped ...

there are a lot of people that try to avoid chronograph watches or just plain prefer the cleaner look and the simplicity of an non chronometer models ...

I'm certainly one of those people ... and would pick this one up before custeau or the slevin anytime ! :)

regards Laz

Guest avitt
I'm certainly one of those people ... and would pick this one up before custeau or the slevin anytime ! :)

...I agree. This would be my first choice as well. But I'm probably going to pick up a Slevin, as I don't think we'll see this one any time soon.

It could take an 2892 clone...but unfortunately the only datewheel that looks even remotely close to the one in the aquatimer is the A7750. If you look at any of the non-chronograph models (with the exception being rolex), the date font, if not on a white datewheel, is almost always a squared off number.

It could take an 2892 clone...but unfortunately the only datewheel that looks even remotely close to the one in the aquatimer is the A7750. If you look at any of the non-chronograph models (with the exception being rolex), the date font, if not on a white datewheel, is almost always a squared off number.

This could be super-repped with a GEN ETA 2892-2A for maybe $100 added to cost of production. However, your date wheel point is correct unless we can leave it to them to make it right from scratch (wasn't this done for the Ingy?).

regardin the DW im pretty sure "lello" could jump in and eventualy do a DW run that would sort the problem as let say on ingy ?

Laz

The Ingy comes stock with a datewheel that seems to be specific to only that model (although incorrect). So it seems that the factories can make a one off datewheel at a cost effective scale. this would be even better than having to go to Lello. But your point is still a good one to fall back on if they couldn't get it right initially. :D