When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM113 from Tony

Ztech

Well here she is. My new PAM113 from Tony. I was pleasantly surprised to find that she got here so quick. I'm not very good with pictures, but I'll let them do the talking...

IMGP2286-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

IMGP2287-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

IMGP2288-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

IMGP2289-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

IMGP2294-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

IMGP2293-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

Now my impressions...

1. The case for some reason seems off. Maybe too rounded? And the crystral seem too domed?

2. The CG and crown seem very good. Not slop and very tight. The crown actually gets depressed a mm when you close the lever. Thumbs up!

3. The dial seems off. The white look too glossy and the black of the numbers off too.

4. The lume is very sloppy. There's lume that's been applied outside of the black circular dots. Bad.

5. The cannon pinion is to be upgraded.

6. Needs super lume!!!

Anything you guys see? Please chime in all you experts. I have very thick skin and need to learn.

Edited by Ztech

Hi Z! I'm pretty sure Victoria will be here soon to give you a good review on this particular model....she's got a nice one!

This one is on my list! I have to get my Vintage Daytona, first!

Enjoy the watch!

BTW: Your strap was mailed out today! No time to go to the PO, so I just handed it to the MM! Ditto with Lady V!

Honestly, I wouldn't waste the time and money sending that out to be modded. The dial printing is off, you said youself the case seems odd, the crown and CG are nothing to write home about, either.

Wear that watch for what it is. If you find that you like the 113 enough to get a more accurate one, then do so and mod that one.

Nothing wrong with having a starter watch, but there's no need to throw money at it when it will never be very accurate.

Well here she is.

I love how you refer to your watch as a she. I call them "he". Heh. :)

3. The dial seems off. The white look too glossy and the black of the numbers off too.

Yeah, the dial is off. The printing is too heavy even for a rep.

I think I see that "too rounded case" look you mention, but visually, the white-dials give off that appearance anyway. Ditto for the glossy dial. It's supposed to be glossier, as PAMman explains.

Crown looks better than most. But then the rep 113s tend to come with fatter crowns, for whatever reason. The CG looks very decent, for the price. It's got a better than average OEM brushed look. The rep strap looks like the OEM Tantalium I have on it. Unusual!

I'm a sucker for the engraved Panerai bridges, which my own Andrew 113e has. BTW, I paid $158 plus S/H for that, so if you paid less, GOOD JOB.

Think of it as having bought a learning curve with this PAM. Do you like it?

The good thing about reps is that even if the answer is no, that was money well-spent. Imagine having bought a $4000 gen...

@Hike: No worries!

Thanks Vic for your input. Well, I can't say for now. I'm still getting used to her for now. I'm a little split as you can probably see by my posts. I do like the CG and the crown, almost as good as a gen IMHO, but the dial is what kills it for me. I actually like the caseback and the movement, even though it might not be correct to the gen. I'm thinking about sourcing a better dial and having it sent out for some mod work. Then she'll be ready for the cruise. :)