When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Custom HBB - Black and Gold

subzero1

OK, a while back I bought a HBB SS/RG "Lite" watch, the problem is that while it looked good in pictures, it just didn't speak to me. Here's a pic of it before I started to mod it:

Wristshots011-2.jpg

So, the crystal has to get some work done on it, so out it comes and off it goes to chieftang for double AR coating. When it gets back, it's better but I still don't love it. Then on a lark I decide to try out the black ceramic bezel on the watch instead of the gold one. So out comes the H-Screwdriver and 10 minutes later we have this (I think I'm in love):

Wristshots096.jpg

Wristshots093.jpg

Wristshots091.jpg

Wristshots090.jpg

So, what does everyone else think?

I have mixed feelings about this 1 sub, your other 2 are spot on when the ceramic bezel is on it, but i feel like this 1 has too many colors that IMO dont blend as harmonious as your other 2, the dial is supposed to compliment the case and bezel like they do perfectly on your other custom HBB's but the gold on the dial/hands, SS case and black bezel is too many colors that dont work as well together but hey, whatever floats your boat! Definitely nice, but I like your other 2 way better :D

I'm considering getting the case sent off to be PVD coated, so it will be all black, with just the gold numbers and hands on the dial.

sounds good... and then you can see how it looks with the ceramic bezel or the RG bezel.

sounds good... and then you can see how it looks with the ceramic bezel or the RG bezel.

I too had the same watch as subzero. Also considered swapping the gold bezel with a polished ceramic bezel. I love the polished ceramic look but I do feel that like what others said it seems there is too many different metallic colors together at the same time. If only the numerals were in stainless steel then the polished bezel would have been perfect. It was nice to see the ceramic bezel on the HBB Istanbul though. My 2 cents!