When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help with planet ocean bezel insert problem?

longshot

i have a weird problem with the bezel insert for my 42.5mm planet ocean?

i ordered a new breitling heritage from jay and since he was sending a package anyway i also ordered a black bezel insert to replace the orange on my 4th gen eta planet ocean. just never been thrilled by the orange.

the package arrived fine but when i put the black insert up against the p.o. it looked too small? so i carefully took the bezel off and popped out the old insert from the rear and the new black insert is too small? by almost 2mm? it floats around inside the lip of the bezel and if centered leaves almost a 1mm gap all around the outside edge. in fact it won't even fit over the crystal?

it is a 42mm p.o. i've had both the 42 and the 45mm and know the difference. i could understand the insert being too small if i ordered one for the 45mm and got the 42mm by mistake. but what could be smaller than the 42mm?????????????????

it looks like a planet ocean insert and all the markings are correct. i'm just very curious about what i could have received an insert for????

i'll write jay and i'm sure he will take care of it but it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what i actually got and what it is supposed to fit :bangin:

an update...

i still have no idea what this insert is supposed to fit?

i'm going to borrow a set of calipers and measure the inner and outer diameter of the insert that was on the 4th gen planet ocean and measure the one jay sent. jay said he will check on getting me one that fits :)

• 1 month later...
I hope not, because I just ordered two aftermarket bezel inserts from eBay for my 4th gen...

i believe the ebay inserts do fit the 4th gen. i just ordered one from ebay myself since i have not heard back from jay :(

but i don't think the entire genuine bezel from frei will fit. some members have ordered the genuine bezel and swapped the insert, but that seems an awfully expensive option to me.

Ok that's a relief to hear. I lost the black bezel off mine the other day and I've had to put the orange one back on, but it's missing a pearl and the orange bezel is a bit too attention-grabbing for my tastes. I'd rather be able to walk through London without being worried about getting mugged for my watch.