When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Question on EMS tracking numbers

DemonSlayer

From all the tracking numbers I have ever received for packages shipped via EMS, they have always started with "EA" is it possible to have a EMS tracking number starting with "EB" or any other letter after "E"?

Thanks for any input :)

During the ending of 07 China's EMS started using the "EB" now here in the US.. USPS started the "EB" series of Alpha's right after the New Year (our new year).. maybe it has to do with the year... or just not repeating the same set of numerals after the Alpha..

what ever the reason it does not seem to affect shipping in anyway ~

Yes the first time I saw EB instead of EA I instanly freaked. Especially since the package I was expecting wasn't a watch from my trusted dealer. I instantly thought it would never come and it was a bogus tracking number. I was wrong. No worries I say.

Thanks Lanikai, thats definitely new news to me :)

Another question on EMS, I don't have much experience on this but maybe others here can answer this. If a package of counterfeit goods was being shipped, in our case watches, would it be possible for the EMS workers or the customs people to steal the package, and the seller not being able to do anything at all? Basically I was given a tracking number starting with EB, I checked for the first time today after 7 days the package was supposedly shipped. Nothing showed up on either the EMS website or Parcelforce website (who deliver EMS packages in the UK). It has always taken a maximum of 7 days for a package shipped from China via EMS to reach here in the UK, so I was expecting the package to arrive today.

Should a message show up upon tracking the package on either EMS or Parcelforce websites if the package was seized by Chinese customs? I guess nothing would come up if it indeed was stolen by EMS workers or customs workers...

Another question on EMS, I don't have much experience on this but maybe others here can answer this. If a package of counterfeit goods was being shipped, in our case watches, would it be possible for the EMS workers or the customs people to steal the package, and the seller not being able to do anything at all? Basically I was given a tracking number starting with EB, I checked for the first time today after 7 days the package was supposedly shipped. Nothing showed up on either the EMS website or Parcelforce website (who deliver EMS packages in the UK).

Would a message show up if the package was seized by Chinese customs? I guess nothing would come up if it indeed was stolen by EMS workers or customs workers..

Without an essay type post on the Chins EMS.. long story short .. most if not all of "sellers" or Collectors depend on "forwarders" to get parcels out of China... these are people in the profession of assuring the proper taxes are paid and see to it that the package is actually on it's way out of China and past Chinese customs... Remember China is not known as the "land of the free" .. the Chinese Customs opens all packages leaving China (info from someone in the US Government on China's relations with the US) ....

there was a period in 06 where it took over a month for me to get my parcel.. forwarders were being raided and had to move goods all around the place.. (someone forgot to pay their "tax" .. )

at times I can get a tracking number before the order goes into the maker.. it will take a little time before the forwarder even gets the paper work done on it..so if you get a tracking number and it does not appear on the USPS site check with your collector.. only once did the forwarder forget to pick up the rep and ship it out... one time in 2 years is not bad..

I could get into all the reasons for Drop shipping but I'll pass on that .. you figure it out..

I would not be woried about your parcel being stolen... that's why it is important to have a collector that guarantees delivery...

the worst that happened to me is I was charged tax on a breitling rep .. the Bentley.. about 50 usd.. it happened once, it was an isolated instance

Customs in the US knows what is going on, they turn the other cheek .. they routinely every once in a while open the package .. just for procedure.. usually when it is slow for them and they don't have any urgent drug investigations.. ( I have a friend in Home Land Security Airport Branch)

Customs is always more lax in the midwest.. non "Port Cities" have no problem most times with even embargoed goods .. I find SFO to have a history of Holding parcels .. they have the right to hold it up to ... I forget if it's 30 day's or 90 day's...I once viewd the secured area of all the confinscated goods in Hawaii.. it is on one of the piers and the vaults are surrounded by razor wire and tons of security.... You should see what they GOT... makes you drool....

The RED FLAG for them is when one parcel has 2 or more of the same model, or seperate parcels with repeat models..,.. (if they do find this and your parcel is confinscated your address is then "red flagged") in their system..... that is a sure sign that the reps are for re-sale.. and they come down heavy on that .. it turns from our "hobby" to ..."counterfeit for profit".. commercial resale.. better have a good Attorney or many alias's if you are planning to be a collector in the US.. or have a very sophisticated method of getting the reps in..

Demonslayer .... I would get in touch with your collector.. sometimes they get tracking numbers mixed up or like I stated once my watch was somehow missed in the order to the factory and the forwarder did not ship it.. it's all good .. just check with your guy.. or gal..

:o Lanikai, I had no idea thats how it worked! So these 'forwarders' are basically people employed by the businessmen be they rep sellers or whatever, to pay any 'tax' is necessary to make sure these packages leave China. So customs seizure/confiscation must be pretty rare in China when forwarders are involved.

I think the person I am dealing with is not being completely honest. I think he sent me a phoney tracking number. Today I contacted him, he said to me that the package was stolen by customs workers. He said what they do is scan the packages, if it contains something valuable like phones, watches, electricals etc. they open the packages, and steal and distribute it amongst themselves, and the seller can't do anything because the stuff is counterfeit. This guy is a huge seller of many replica stuff, so I know he has 'forwarders' working for him. I just wanted to learn more on Chinese customs confiscating things, but it seems that it doesn't occur very often, especially when forwarders are involved.

All I can say is .. best to stick with the collectors on the RWG board.. members in the EU would know whom best to deal with outside the forum

as they have the "experience" with other sellers..

But to point, on your initial question on the "EB" instead of "EA" ... this has to do more with the printing of the Express forms .. they (like everything else) print them up in huge batches... they also come in EJ...EO... etc. Makes sense at least the bean counters can tell from the alpha's when batches were printed..

good luck

I got an EB code for a $78-special from Andrew just two days ago--after reading up on Chinese customs I'm kind of scared I will never get to see my noobmariner. :X

As a right of passage if this is your first order it goes to Chinese Customs as a way of payment .. after the first one it should be fine .. no more problems after this.... so just order another rep now...:lol:.. and if someone shows up at your door step showing what looks like a badge.. well.... :o

^lol. A police helicopter just flew over my house, and I'm feeling paranoid!

Could someone tell me why Andrew instructs us to "wait 4-5 days" before checking the EMS tracking number? Not that I doubt him, but what exactly is going on during this time? Some people claim to have received EMS packages in the US in 3-4 days.

Thanks.

^lol. A police helicopter just flew over my house, and I'm feeling paranoid!

Could someone tell me why Andrew instructs us to "wait 4-5 days" before checking the EMS tracking number? Not that I doubt him, but what exactly is going on during this time? Some people claim to have received EMS packages in the US in 3-4 days.

Thanks.

it takes that long for the parcel to get to the post ...paper work... scanned.. departure.. then tracking is available...but you will get a tracking number right away.. read the above posts... you can check with USPS tracking right away.. better than the chinese EMS..

I get mine about 4 day's after it is actually on board the plane..

but first timers get it put on the slow boat out of China.... mmmm that sounds like an old line...

Another question on EMS, I don't have much experience on this but maybe others here can answer this. If a package of counterfeit goods was being shipped, in our case watches, would it be possible for the EMS workers or the customs people to steal the package, and the seller not being able to do anything at all? Basically I was given a tracking number starting with EB, I checked for the first time today after 7 days the package was supposedly shipped. Nothing showed up on either the EMS website or Parcelforce website (who deliver EMS packages in the UK). It has always taken a maximum of 7 days for a package shipped from China via EMS to reach here in the UK, so I was expecting the package to arrive today.

Should a message show up upon tracking the package on either EMS or Parcelforce websites if the package was seized by Chinese customs? I guess nothing would come up if it indeed was stolen by EMS workers or customs workers...

In my experience all EMS packages get a new Parcleforce number once they are scanned at Heathrow. You can catch the new number if you are constantly following the tracking on Parcelforce Worldwide, using the EMS number. The first record at Heathrow will actually have the Parcelforce number on the results screen but it's easy to miss. After that the EMS number will draw a blank and the first you will know is the actual delivery.

Interestingly, the only time I have known of an Asian or US package going through customs is via EMS - it happens every time but mostly doesn't raise any charges. Regular Airmail seems to avoid customs altogether.