When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Mbw Drsd Mods By Joe

panerai153

Folks, I know that ther have been lots of photos of various permatations of the DRSD. In fact I had another one,a Watchmaster, back a year or so ago. I bought this one several months ago, sent it to Joe, who spent the winter and spring under the weather. Well I had a visit from my nice post lady Saturday and lo and behold it was the DRSD!

I really like this one, it looks absolutely identical to several DRSD's that are pictured in Skeet and Urul's great reference book "Vintage Rolex Sports models". Joe has been working on a vintage lume method that looks like aged tritium, but has a nice lume when exposed to bright light. I believe that the lack of lume completely in the replicas is a dead givaway. All of my old genuine dive watches, most from the 1960's have a little lume when exposed to bright light for 20-30 seconds. Most don't last very long, but the lume is there. I believe that Joe has achieved this with the lume material that he is able to apply now.

I put the watch on a replica Rolex Riveted bracelet that is OK, but nothing special. I got it off Ebay, fom one of the regular sellers. My Watchmaster was on a genuine Rolex Riveted, and even though it was pretty old, it was much better quality. The first problem I ran into with this one was the end links weren't large enough to allow the use of the thicker Rolex Springbars. I'll be on the lookout for a better one to put on this nice watch.

Well here it is:

71722-32390.jpg

71722-32391.jpg

71722-32392.jpg

71722-32393.jpg

Arthur Person

Great lume job on the dial. Most lume jobs are either very poorly done or they are much too domed for a vintage Rolex. The glow to me is not really essential as most of my old gen watches have lost the glow completely. All you need now is a genuine bezel insert with vintage pearl (if you can find one)!!!!!

glad u got it and love it, that is what its all about for me , and im sry it took longer than expected but im glad u understood and let me get better so i could do u the fine job u paid me for and am used to from me ,

by the way your pics r getting much better my friend

joe

• 3 months later...