When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mille Miglia GTXXL Chrono Limited Ed

tazzman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps you are right Mickey. I mentioned because in one of the pics you can observe the AR looks like stained. I have a couple of gens and this stained situation doesn't show up, hence "suppposedly" top quality AR.

A few members have had this problem in the past with CDs and SFSOs. But this is just my opinion.

Either way, the watch is an amazing piece.

Cheers!

Really does not need it, the double AR is very good on this watch and has the same blue tint ans the genuine watch.... B)

Perhaps you are right Mickey. I mentioned because in one of the pics you can observe the AR looks like stained. I have a couple of gens and this stained situation doesn't show up, hence "suppposedly" top quality AR.

A few members have had this problem in the past with CDs and SFSOs. But this is just my opinion.

Cheers!

Both my gen Zenith and Eberhard seem to be more prone to stainy looking things on their AR, which pretty much wipe off with a little moisture. Seems to be from oil in the fingers, and actually looks a little like an oil stain as well.

I am waiting to get one of these from Andrew- cannot wait.

Quick question though- what is the actual strap size? One of the reviews has it listed as 22mm, and on one of the Gen sites is listed as 23mm- which is right, and if they both are, and the gen is 23 and the rep is 22, that precludes the use of an OEM strap or band.

I NEED ANSWERS!!!! Sorry, just got nervous there for a minute.

Best,

-O

Cheers!

Regarding the AR I really had to work with the camera and lighning to get the blue tint.. in most angles you see nothing.. I even used the flash in some shots to show the blue-ar-tint as I really like those images..

wristshots were taking in directly sunlight from window smashing the crystal with light..

Regarding the "stained AR" its my fingerprint that smudged the crystal..

Next time I will clean the crystal before taking pictures =)

Tint vs. no tint..

I really like the blue tint.. thats why I take images like this..:

gtxlchrono_close_artint.jpg

and No-AR-tint..

gtxlchrono_close_noartint.jpg

take care - tazz

Both my gen Zenith and Eberhard seem to be more prone to stainy looking things on their AR, which pretty much wipe off with a little moisture. Seems to be from oil in the fingers, and actually looks a little like an oil stain as well.

I am waiting to get one of these from Andrew- cannot wait.

Quick question though- what is the actual strap size? One of the reviews has it listed as 22mm, and on one of the Gen sites is listed as 23mm- which is right, and if they both are, and the gen is 23 and the rep is 22, that precludes the use of an OEM strap or band.

I NEED ANSWERS!!!! Sorry, just got nervous there for a minute.

Best,

-O

In my world its 23.. so I guess 24mm strap will fit ..and also gen 23mm

-tazz

Received my black dial yesterday. The watch is huge! It is beautiful but I'm not crazy about the strap, it took me half an hour to figure out how it works. The problemI find with the strap is the two retaining loops; they are hard to slide over the rubber band. I have not had it long enough to see if it keeps good time but overnight it looks like it may have lost one second. So far so good. Since I have never seen a gen I cannot compare, but the finish looks excelent. Small defect I noticed on mine is when you tighten the crown after setting the time and date, the name on the crown is not in line with the watch. I would imagine that on a gen this would be in line.

To add to the above I have sent a p.m. to joshua which follows with his reply.

Good morning Joshua, I have received the chopard watch, it looks beautiful and keeps good time, but I do have a problem with it. The chronograph functions but does not reset to the 12 position, at first it did but after a few uses of the chrono it would reset to the two and one half minute mark, it also lost time with the chrono in use. This morning I used the chrono a number of times and each time it would reset to a different place i.e. 52 mins. 53 mins. 55, 56, 57. What can be done to correct this problem?

hi,

Watch movt is new. Dun run the chronos.. stiop the chronos reset . manual handwind it up . let it run as much as possible. Let the watch movt break in.. then try the chronos..

Running of chronos need a lot of reserve..

Lets monitor this further...

Thanks

joshua

Edited by Rats

Regarding the AR I really had to work with the camera and lighning to get the blue tint.. in most angles you see nothing.. I even used the flash in some shots to show the blue-ar-tint as I really like those images..

wristshots were taking in directly sunlight from window smashing the crystal with light..

Regarding the "stained AR" its my fingerprint that smudged the crystal..

Next time I will clean the crystal before taking pictures =)

Tint vs. no tint..

I really like the blue tint.. thats why I take images like this..:

gtxlchrono_close_artint.jpg

and No-AR-tint..

gtxlchrono_close_noartint.jpg

take care - tazz

I used to believe that the "hue " or tint in the Ar'd crystal was in direct proportion to the quality or lack there of ... of the refraction capabilities of the crystal... this was totally erroneous on my part ... after I swaped a genuine PO crystal with my UPO .. there was hardly any hue in the crystal .. but there wasn't any crystal at times... or so it seemed.. so the hue or tint has really nothing to do with the quality of the AR.. although it's eye catching.. the next generation af AR will have almost no tint... chieftangs AR coater has shown us that..

As you can see .. no crystal .. but also not hue or tint.. and believe me this was in strong glare

dsc0007is1el3.jpg

this is in the harshest glare with the light coming through my window.. as you can see very little hue.. this is the only time it shows colour and only to this 10 mil. pix camera .. to the naked eye it just looks like there is no crystal attached to the watch

and actually tazz.. your pics are incredible and the pic where you cannot see any tint.. you also cannot tell if there is a crystal also

the genuine on this piece (Chopard) is also single AR not double as it would not be possible with this type of crystal.. it is a 2 piece crystal and the cyclops is sanwiched in between the 2 ... you cannot double AR it.. the genuine may be of better quality .. but it does not "glow" with tint.. the older generation AR might.. but now the look is just .... No Crystal...

dsc0004wm8yk4.jpg

If it weren't for the cyclops it would be hard to see the crystal..

dsc0001ws7sy9.jpg

I also had to work the angle to get the hue.... but it is a nice single as is the genuine..

dsc0008sw9cq2.jpg

You have no idea how right you are. I have to tell you, I'm amazed generally at how good some of the mods on these watches are. For example, I've been wearing a gen Slevin for a couple of days now and I've made the following observations:

1. Chieftang's AR is far, far superior to that of the gen. It's no comparison. Sure, the gen has a beautiful blue hue, but as far as true anti-reflective properties go, it can't hold a candle to what Chief does.

2. The Zigmeister's superlume treatment is so much better than the gen it's unbelievable. The bezel lume is weak to put it mildly. Think rep lume -- it is that poor. The Zigmeister's lights up like the sun in comparison.

Bottom line -- and there is a bottom line here -- don't be so taken with blue tint as a sign of quality. As Lanikai says, there's more to it than that.

I kinda like the blue tint, I prefer it in fact B)

I agree about the level of workmanship around here, top quality indeed! ^_^

Same here MP.. i like the plum look on some watches..but on the lower quality reps where the crystal looks like a mirror tint.. i pass.. but it's amazing .. i'm driving on the freeway with my arm stuck out the door.. trying to catch glare.. and you know what? not even direct 12 noon sunlight affects Chiefs AR.. it's like krypnonite dosen't affect this at all :lol:

Looking forward to recieving Jakubs Ar.. back .. I'm sure his is superb also.. B)

Went to Chopard boutique in Bal Harbour yesterday, and tried on the genuine.

The grey dialed ones are completely sold out as a series- but there is another limited edition 'Manhattan' version. Same watch with an iridescent blue dial- same etched numerals on the crystal. Absolutely gorgeous.

Also, found a source for 23mm bands which should fit this watch- should you be looking for leather, croco, or other. WHen you get to the home page, enter '23mm' into the search box, and about midway down the page, the bands start.

My GTXXL landed in New York this morning, and should arrive back in Philadelphia around the same time I get back. Can't wait.

-O

BTW- I had a couple hundred posts not that long ago- WHat happened to 'em?

Sorry- here's the link:

http://worldofwatches.com/results.asp?d=0

Edited by the osteopath

Forgive me if this pic has been posted--no time to read the whole thread today. I just wanted to point out that the latest a7750 will let my insanely anal self buy some clear back watches in the future, since they put the pearlage, regulator an redid the shape and finish of the thing behind the rotor to duplicate whatever grade of finish the gen brands have been buying from ETA. Sure the fit and finish is going to be clearly noticeable, but then again noibody who I sense could tell rep from gen by the movement is ever going to see the back of one of my watches...

post-53-1207577360_thumb.jpg