When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mille Miglia GTXXL Chrono Limited Ed

tazzman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$438 for the grey one...

Watch looks very nice, 1:1 blabla and all parts exchangeable with Gens, and superb AR..hmmm. But that issss a lot of money for a rep :o

Just like the HBB release.. maybe this is a good investment and within 2months the price will go skyhigh to $800 ;)

Edited by Antonio_Montana

tazzman-

Please review it when you get it. I have seen the watch at an AD and it is beautiful. If it is that good than it will be a must have for those who like big watches. Thanks for the alert. :) I haven't bought a new rep in quite a while.

And I do have to add that in spite of all my whining about the price I have been getting enjoyment and jealous stares from other folks on my ceramic bezel HBB while on vacation at the beach. :D

And yes $450 appears to be the new basic price for upper end reps. Then again $450 was $350 a year ago (from a currency perspective).

Buying reps is always a kind of luck.

With such price hikes, it really demands for better quality. Often scratched hands/dial/chipped screws are seen. It is time the factoey should look into these issues when they are asking for such amount of money for a rep.

Still, at this price, it really demands for a better engraving/etching of the caseback.

$438 for the grey one...

Watch looks very nice, 1:1 blabla and all parts exchangeable with Gens, and superb AR..hmmm. But that issss a lot of money for a rep :o

Just like the HBB release.. maybe this is a good investment and within 2months the price will go skyhigh to $800 ;)

ah. $438 is nothing as the dollar is so low right now. In sweden it has dropped from massive 11-12 SEK/$ in 2001-2002 to 5.98 SEK/$ today..so its almost cheap ;)

I agree that the caseback could have been better, but I am not that picky about the backside ..well..not yet anyway..

and regarding to price its lot less than my HBB RG Tuiga Ed for $1200, which is the most beautiful rep I ever seen. Its looks good in daylight but during nights out in the bar it looks amazing..wonder if it is the drinks that enhances it or just the light?! ;)

.. I will put up a review with a lot of photos as soon as I get it from mr. J

/M

Buying reps is always a kind of luck.

With such price hikes, it really demands for better quality. Often scratched hands/dial/chipped screws are seen. It is time the factoey should look into these issues when they are asking for such amount of money for a rep.

Still, at this price, it really demands for a better engraving/etching of the caseback.

tazzman-

Please review it when you get it. I have seen the watch at an AD and it is beautiful.

Kruzer maybe you could help me out a bit on this one. Looking at Chopard's website the subdial rings look alot more black than the subdial rings on the rep. Is it just lighting or is there really a difference here?

Josh's announcement says of the movement, "first of its kind .. Asia 7750 28800bph with functional regulator". What does that mean ... functional regulator?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, this new movement looks a lot like the ETA7750 movement, and if it is a trully functional regulator it's an improvement in aesthetics mostly, as the majority of us will never bother to mess with it :D

Notice the dagger looking thing surrounded by the "C" shaped metal in my perfectly round circle ;) I believe thats what Josj is referring too

watch-1.jpg

Please correct me if i'm wrong, this new movement looks a lot like the ETA7750 movement, and if it is a trully functional regulator it's an improvement in aesthetics mostly, as the majority of us will never bother to mess with it :D

Notice the dagger looking thing surrounded by the "C" shaped metal in my perfectly round circle ;) I believe thats what Josj is referring too

watch-1.jpg

it is like the swan neck in it fine tunes .... and it works...

@Dario.. the limited edition genuine that was purchased was the Grey Dial. may be cost involved in disecting and manufacture...