When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mille Miglia GTXXL Chrono Limited Ed

tazzman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just ordered the black face from Josh. I had to go back to look at the pictures after seeing a post where the MIGLIA was printed backwards on the crown. Guess what, the picture of the crown for the black face is not available! Interesting.

Just in case any of you missed my previous post. King has photos of the latest version for sale over here:

http://www.kingshowbox.com/gallery.php?id=800

http://www.kingshowbox.com/gallery.php?id=801

Crown picture:

1205924185075724396kf3.jpg

Josh and Andrew do not have pictures of the latest watch, just a photo edited version of the older prototype....

Has anybody been able to find some high resolution pictures of the genuine black and silver dial watches? I have looked, but not found anything yet...

Please upload some!

Cheers! :D

And yes $450 appears to be the new basic price for upper end reps. Then again $450 was $350 a year ago (from a currency perspective).

WOW... this is not the kind of inflation i can see on my pay-check :p

I tried on this Chopard a while ago, but it didn't convince me. I will be looking forward to your reviews guys!

Or check out this link, doesn't open the hi-res images for me but it sure is helpfull..

http://mob.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost.../ti-407661/s-0/

Wow great link, thanks! B)

Black dial version for me then I think, looks to me like they really nailed this rep. I just prefer the display back, plus it is cheaper! ^_^

Kings black dial pic:

1205922866606218312ct8.jpg

Gen from verbal's link:

mlimage546616ip4.jpg

The only thing is that the numeric font at the very edge of the dial does not reach all the way to the crystal, like the gen version does...

Seems there are two black dial versions on Kings site. With different display backs...

One seems accurate, but with no regulator:

mlimage546616dw0.jpg

The other has many flaws, but includes the regulator:

1205922866606218312br5.jpg

Gen:

mlimage546636wt0.jpg

I am going to sit on the fence for a while with this watch, and purchase when I am 100% sure I get the best version...

Cheers! B)

Wow, it sounds like there are so many versions that now I am scared to buy it. If I remember correctly on the last grey dial version they screwed up the color on either the sub-dial rings or the larger inner bezel. That particular piece in the flesh is stunning. I hope they get it right. That would be my first choice irrespective of price. I have long since concluded that I will have to approach buying reps very differently given the price increases.

Wow, it sounds like there are so many versions that now I am scared to buy it. If I remember correctly on the last grey dial version they screwed up the color on either the sub-dial rings or the larger inner bezel. That particular piece in the flesh is stunning. I hope they get it right. That would be my first choice irrespective of price. I have long since concluded that I will have to approach buying reps very differently given the price increases.

So true.

I`m assuming the higher price for the grey dial is because it`s an engraved caseback vs a exhibition one like the black face.

And some stickers on the crystal.

Kings photo of it.

kingwz2.jpg

Does have different serial # on it than Joshs photo, lends confirmation that he is still showing pics of first prototype model.

This is a nice looking piece, waiting for those wrist shots. :D

WOW... this is not the kind of inflation i can see on my pay-check :p

I tried on this Chopard a while ago, but it didn't convince me. I will be looking forward to your reviews guys!

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I'm not going to drop down $400 hard-earned cash for a watch just because it looks really close to the gen. I would rather spend half of that and get something unique. It's not really an ugly watch, but come on, an asian movement.... no thanks.. not for this price gentlemen. And on top of that it has a rubber strap, meaning it will never in a million years sit right on my oddly configured wrist.

Unless a leather strap version comes out and somebody fishes up some really positive arguments about this watch it looks like this latest super rep will be another disappointing pass for me. Now, if they decided to update the Daytona with a reliable movement that is readily available, then maybe we're talking.