When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How big is big?

Newdoc

From what I can remember the measurement of 47mm on my Fiddy was to the case edges, it didn't include the crown guard. So it is a little over 50mm althogether. It doesnt wear as big as a Super Avenger though as it isn't as bulky. If you have a moderate sized wrist you can pull off a 44/47mm Pam, I just couldnt get used to it and prefer smaller types of watches.

Stupid question, but I have no gen dealer to check out. Does the 40mm/44mm/47mm reference to size on PAMs include the crown guard? I'm really trying to gauge whether one will fly in a professional setting. Thanks

It depends primarily on the strap. Even a 127, when worn on black aligator, looks incredibly smart :)

Have you worn a Sub? The smallest 40mm PAM looks significantly bigger on a wrist than a 40mm Sub.

I thought I could pull off the small PAM since a Sub looks ok, but almost too big on me... Nope, the PAM 40mm looks bigger. The 44mm is very large... and the 47mm is HUGE and definitely stands out even on bigger wrists. This could be fine depending on your image and what 'professional setting' means. I can pull off sporty watches that are a bit too big for me, but I work in a relatively casual office (I don't even wear a tie sometimes).