When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first watch rep.

greg_rfc

I've been reading about for a while, and i am totally interested in the watches i've seen - i am honestly amazed at some of the pics i have seen and i cannot wait to get started.

I admit, i really do not know very much, but i can't wait to learn.

I have decided to take the plunge and just buy one...the watch i'm looking at is a Rolex Daytona from SilixPrime.

rols018-1.jpg

It's really quite cheap and i just cannot wait to get one for real.

Any advice?

Regards,

Greg

Edited by greg_rfc

It's not very accurate, but if you like it thats all that matters.

At least with a Lemania manual wind it wont end up like my sec @ 6 Daytona. :blowup:

I suggest you keep looking and reading. There are better options for $180.

Silix is a good dealer and you are on your way to having a nice watch. Just dont be in a rush. Taking your time, will reward you with the best bang for your buck.

Thanks for the advice.

What's not accurate about it out of curiosity?

The biggest inaccuracy is the spacing of the subdials. It is a dead giveaway, they are too far apart.

The other dead giveaway is that this watch is only a 30 minute chronograph. The 6:00 "hour counter" subdial follows the watch hour hand (look carefully) and it will look totally stupid on your wrist.

If you want a correct looking Daytona you need to get one with a modified asian 7750 seconds-at-6 movement, but that is a very very notoriously unreliable movement whereas the one you picked is a very very reliable workhorse movement. So you have to decide: do I want reliability at the cost of accuracy or accuracy at the cost of reliability? My personal choice would be neither and instead purchase something different altogether.

good luck and please read and educate yourself regarding these daytona models... they are very popular and much has been written about them.