When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Needs your opinion....

I have a GMT Master II with swiss ETA (2836-2) from Andrew few months ago and it kept perfect

time until 2 days ago when the movement all of sudden stopped working. I went ahead and

opened the case to inspect and as soon as I opened, a loose screw fell out.

I couldn't find a spot where the loose screw should belong to. Is there a

way for me to re-start the movement? I don't know if the movement is damaged. I am not sure about sending it back

to Andrew for repair? Are several people happy with Andrew's repair on replica watches and how long is the waiting period? So I need your opinion: Should I send it back to Andrew to have it repaired or go to local watchsmith or mail it to The Zigmeister or others? I have never experience problem with any rep watches until

now.

Thanks!

I have a GMT Master II with swiss ETA (2836-2) from Andrew few months ago and it kept perfect

time until 2 days ago when the movement all of sudden stopped working. I went ahead and

opened the case to inspect and as soon as I opened, a loose screw fell out.

I couldn't find a spot where the loose screw should belong to. Is there a

way for me to re-start the movement? I don't know if the movement is damaged. I am not sure about sending it back

to Andrew for repair? Are several people happy with Andrew's repair on replica watches and how long is the waiting period? So I need your opinion: Should I send it back to Andrew to have it repaired or go to local watchsmith or mail it to The Zigmeister or others? I have never experience problem with any rep watches until

now.

Thanks!

If you wind it manually will it run? Could the screw possibly be from the rotor?

Also, if the screw is not from the rotor, it may have been blocking the rotor from moving, thus keeping the movement from winding.

If you don't have a jewelers loupe, get a magnifying glass and try to find where the screw came from.

Even if you get it running again, you will want to replace the screw.

If you wind it manually will it run? Could the screw possibly be from the rotor?

Also, if the screw is not from the rotor, it may have been blocking the rotor from moving, thus keeping the movement from winding.

If you don't have a jewelers loupe, get a magnifying glass and try to find where the screw came from.

Even if you get it running again, you will want to replace the screw.

I just wind it twice after the movement stopped. I can try it on a daily basis. I believe the screw is not from the rotor. I think it's from where it attach the movement and the watch. I'll try to take a picture to give you the idea.

If it does not work, should I send it back to Andrew or have it serviced by The Zigmeister, Vac, etc? Let me know.

Thanks!

missingclamp.jpg

I took the liberty of modifying your picture to illustrate the missing screw & movement clamp (which is probably still floating around inside the case or movement). It is possible that the missing clamp is jamming the movement or the movement may just need cleaning & routine servicing (most reps come with unserviced movements). If the watch is still under Andrew's warranty, I would return it to him. Otherwise, any watchmaker willing to work on an ETA-powered rep can easily fix it.

Freddy: Thanks for posting clear picture for everyone to see!

I just discovered the screw (it was found under the large wheel) and I noticed the screw is half broken meaning the tip of the screw may be stuck inside. I couldn't find the clamp.

Anton: Do you think you can fix it? If not, I'll send it back to Andrew. BTW, I'm in Maryland.