When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex 5513

deltatahoe

i managed to find an extremely undervalued genuine 5513 on ebay a couple months ago, and bought it to see how i liked this particular vintage model, knowing that i could always sell it for at least what i paid for it. well for whatever reason, i just never really fell in love this particular watch, so i decided to put it up on TZ to see what i could get for it. as it turned out, this watch ended up being the best investment (in terms of IRR) that i made in 2007 :o

i'm sure years from now i'll lament letting this one go, but it wasn't getting any wrist time, so i decided i'd rather have someone else enjoy it. anyways, i figured the pictures i took of the watch could be helpful for modders here who are looking to make the perfect 5513.

here are the pics:

dsc01616rx9.jpg

dsc01618zb2.jpg

dsc01606hk3.jpg

dsc01627mr6.jpg

dsc01620ci4.jpg

dsc01631bv7.jpg

dsc01609qv5.jpg

dsc01612zo0.jpg

dsc01613az9.jpg

thanks for looking :victory:

deltatahoe

ps, just in case people are curious, this particular watch was a meters first version with a 1.9 million serial, dating the watch to 1967

Yep, should've kept it. In 1995 the local used Rolex dealers around here had 5513s for $1500.00 area, that's what I paid for mine. Now what are they, $3500-$4000.00 on average? I wish I had kept mine. I just sold all of my reps but one. Guess which?

S6301084.jpg

I'm not abandoning the rep world, just getting away from the Rollies...the 5513 is the only Rolex I like anyway. Btw if anybody needs any project cases or dials I still have a few listed over at Repgeek and I just marked them down! ;)