When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebay Abnormality

bbell6

I recently purchased a watch movement on ebay. Normally, I pay for items I buy right away. However, since the purchaser didn't have enough sales for the paypal guarantee to cover the entire purchase, I sent them an e-mail to find out where they were located (thought I'd like to communicate with the person prior to sending the money). I haven't recieved a response yet. Nothing strange about that. However, I received an ebay message today from a differnt seller stating that they were the seller of the item. See below:

nees1081

I am the seller of the ********, item number: ********. Please contact me at: DNewman netbusiness.com with your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction. Unfortunately my paypal is unavailable for a while but, once I have received your details, ebay will contact you with an invoice and payment instructions. Our transaction will be performed through ebay. Please include the item number in your reply for confirmation. Thank you so much and i will be waiting to hear back from you! (Please insert "at" sign in my email address).

This is the account information of the person who sent the message. It is interesting that the person has been a member since 1979. I was under the impression that ebay had only been around since the mid 90s

nees1081 (129)

99.2% Positive Feedback

Member since Dec-31-79 in United States

Activity with nees1081 (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from nees1081

Activity with nees1081 (last 90 days):nees1081 has bid on 0 of my items

I did a google search for "DNewman netbusiness" and see that this person has used a similar tactic with somone over at "Watchuseek". It appears that a member there received the e-mail after posting an auction they had won on that forum. I did the same thing here yesterday. Wonder if that means this person lurks on watch boards like this one to find victims? I'm curious as to how the person was able to send me the e-mail. Generally when I attempt to contact someone on ebay that I haven't had any dealings with, the system won't allow the e-mail to go through.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this as a warning. I doubt the nees1801 message is legitimate. Too bad since he had enough sales and good feedback for me to qualify for the insurance (although he hasn't had any sales in a year). Just hope the real seller isn't connected in any way.

I won one item and talk whit seller, but next day before I send the money I receive a msg

===

Dear ******,

I am the seller of the *****, item number: *****. Please contact me at: DNewman netbusiness.com with your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction. Unfortunately my paypal is unavailable for a while but, once I have received your details, ebay will contact you with an invoice and payment instructions. Our transaction will be performed through ebay. Please include the item number in your reply for confirmation. Thank you so much and i will be waiting to hear back from you! (Please insert "at" sign in my email address).

- trellys2005

====

I write to Ebay, but......

As I said in the earlier post, I reported to ebay, but I don't think they ever get back to you on these things. Luckily I have had good communication with the seller and I should be recieving a package tomorrow based on the tracking number.

• 5 weeks later...

copied straight from ebay id search:

Feedback Profile See what's new

Member Details

nees1081 ( 129)

Member since Dec-31-89 in United States

Lifetime Summary: Positives:130Negatives:1|Positive Feedback:99.2%

member since 1989 *** ebay has been around that long?? no...

WTF Ebay has ONLY BEEN AROUND SINCE 1995 !!!!!!!! ********

do a search.