When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questionable rep dealer

Noel Fleischer

I am an avid collector both gen and rep. I recently ordered a Datejust online, from a well known overhyped website.

It may have been a mistake, but I paid cash via wire. It is now more than 2 months since the order and no watch.

To make things worse, the dealer got very angry when I called him on this and broke off contact with me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Are there any regulatory agencies that overlook internet purchases.

I would appreciate any help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Are there any regulatory agencies that overlook internet purchases.

I would appreciate any help.

Noel, you didn't clarify if the Datejust was gen? Because if it was a replica DJ, come on, now. You know the answer to "regulatory agencies" will be --> :rofl:

Sorry about the situation, though. Sucks. Stick to the rep collectors here, and you'll be happier in future.

I know I must sound very naive, but are there any regulations in

cyberspace or is it like the wild west. If I used a cc i guess it would be a different story.

Noel, usually I am the gentlest of people, and believe me, your story is not without its pathos.

But to think you would actually believe that fake watches, which are naturally ILLEGAL, would be worthy of official agencies' time, is truly naive -- with all due respect.

Who knows what you will get with these Bestswiss scammers. But I know for sure your next two watches with Josh will make you very happy indeed.

BUT should something go wrong, please don't ask for legal recourse. The closest thing to a Better Business Bureau is RWG and other rep fora. And yes, the internet is the Wild West.

Giddyap, pardner! :horse:

Yes, absolutely. Then when it arrives, have it serviced by Rolex at an AD, and don't forget to ask for your loaner Rolex in the meantime. Works for me.

Now now, Victoria ! I've never heard you to be so cynical ! He is a newbie after all and I thought you were the guardian angel of newbies !! :lol:

Thanks for your honesty Victoria. Of course I know you're right.

It really bugs me when i get ripped off like that. (I paid $500-'wholesale')

I just joined the forum this week. The trouble is when you do searches; the companies like Ideal, Bestswiss,

Go -Replicas, etc. are the first to come up. I never heard of Josh or the other dealers here before.

The other guys seem to be behind the replica review sites. For example, the Replica Billboard seems

to be a front for Besswiss.

Well put. As a longtimer in the rep world and a buyer of Genuine watches as well, I can tell you story after story of well known scammers in the rep world. These poor souls, just like myself, had to learn the hard way. Do a Google search for Rolex Replica and up pop some of the biggest ripoff companies selling these contraband watches, Blue Fakes, BestSwiss, GoReplica, they are well financed to fake out the newb. They know no one can really do a darn thing about it and un-suspecting customers have dreams of a Swiss made Grade 1, so good a jeweler can't tell Rolex. What they get is a 21j Asian movement $99 hunk of crap (not saying that the 21j Asian movement is a hunk of crap). I learned the hard way and now you have learned the hard way. l am sure hundreds of others can tell you the same thing. I am guessing you got ripped for about $500 to $750. Welcome to the REAL replica world.

Personally after years and years, thousands of dollars, many orders from the REAL dealers and on and on, searching for what we see over and over which is, " the best Submariner". I fianally had had it and went and bought a $5175.00 brand spanking new Z series 16610, backed myself out of the rep hobby all together for the most part. Now trhe best Submariner is on my wrist without reserve. Was it worth it? Yeah it was.

Peace

Rob in Texas

Edited by txrob779

noel, you are probably lucky you didn't use a CC... very lucky... you've got no idea what some of these scheisters are capable of. although you have no legal recourse, you can keep harranging them and you might be able to get them to make good after awhile. however do not send another penny. in the future stick to reliable collectors like josh or trusty, silix or king...

Noel

I can only endorse what everyone else has said - you have to put your previous misfortunes behind you and move on now you've found the best rep forum in the world !! We've all been there and the loss of $500 is a real bitter pill to swallow but from now on, things can only get better. Bear in mind, however, if you're going to "risk" buying "fake" watches, there is always the chance that something may go wrong with your purchase - it's the price we all have to pay for our obsession !! ;)

Stick with our recommended dealers brotha !!!! Sorry to hear about your experience though, sucks hard. Personally I would have recommended you save your sheckles up and buy the real thing. Between the amount you spent on the one you were screwed on and the others you have ordered you were more than half way to a really nice newer pre-owned genuine DJ. But Josh, Silix, Angus and my personal fave Andrew won't let you down. Andrew and Angus especially answer all my emails (no matter how dopey they may be B) ) in a very timely fashion and they each stand behind their products !!

Regardless welcome to our little family and listen to Victoria she is our unofficial official goodwill ambassador and bastion of excellent advice !!!!!!

Stick with our recommended dealers brotha !!!! Sorry to hear about your experience though, sucks hard. Personally I would have recommended you save your sheckles up and buy the real thing. Between the amount you spent on the one you were screwed on and the others you have ordered you were more than half way to a really nice newer pre-owned genuine DJ. But Josh, Silix, Angus and my personal fave Andrew won't let you down. Andrew and Angus especially answer all my emails (no matter how dopey they may be B) ) in a very timely fashion and they each stand behind their products !!

Regardless welcome to our little family and listen to Victoria she is our unofficial official goodwill ambassador and bastion of excellent advice !!!!!!

I actually have 3 gen rolexes- 2 djs & a new gmt. plus 8-9 fakes. my collection is nearly 50/50 gen & rep.

i have dealt with these big swiss 'grade 1 ' dealers and have some very nice pieces. they are way overpriced but do mostly have eta

movements. they all lie about the solid gold 2 tones and the swiss chrono movements!

thanks for your interest- i'm so happy i found this group. I thought i was the only crazy guy interested in these reps!

I know I must sound very naive, but are there any regulations in

cyberspace or is it like the wild west. If I used a cc i guess it would be a different story.

If you used a credit card, then you might (depending on your account type & bank's policies) have some recourse (my bank credited my money back to my account on 2 occasions after I had been ripped off by replica scammers). But if you think there are regulations protecting the purchase of illegal contraband (replica goods) on the internet, then you are very naive.

Always buy the seller before you buy the watch, or, as Russians like to say 'Trust, but verify'.