When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobmariner dial questions?

predfan2001

I'll start by saying this. I have a white Tudor Sub dial that I really haven't known what to do with but accidently I found out that it is the same diameter as a Noobmariner (good asian Sub rep). Ok all is good, order a Noob (or what ever they call them this week) and pop this dial in for a cool franken...wrong. The date window on the Tudor dial is different than the Noob....more off to the rt. So now I'm wondering, is the date window placed differently on the ETA Noob or what. The diamter of my dial appears ok for a Noob case but do I have to find a 2836-2 movement...any ideas??

S6301153.jpg

The Tudor watches use and ETA movement and therefore, the date window is farther to the right to align with the date wheel on the 28xx series of ETA movements. Your noob most likely uses a date disc overlay that is glued to the movement date wheel to allow the date to align with the Rolex window. Removal of the overlay should expose the original date wheel and align correctly with the Tudor window.

Edited by jdavis

The ETA Noob and Asian version are identical. The date window is placed too much on the left for your purposes. i.e it's identical with gen Rolex datewheel placement.

What you need is the older version of the CN Sub, which has the date positioned more on the right. Those old Sub reps should be found cheap from the members.

Check the Noobmariner review from my section. There is a picture of such 16610 rep in the article.

Good luck !!!

Well it seems that when dealing with rep Submariner stuff nothing ever turns out like you expect it to. I ordered a new "Noob" movement from a collector that has been tested and regulated (DG 2813?? I think). It came in yesterday and the date lines up perfectly. Either the other dial I have is not a Noobmariner...or this movment just doesn't have an overlay on the date wheel. Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do about markers and find a Noob case. If all else fails I do have a vintage case it fits in.

S6301209.jpg

S6301210.jpg

S6301171.jpg