When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need a good answer

zeus

I've also read a bunch of different opinions on this issue too. Some of manuals state not to change the date between 10 pm to 3 am, but that's for chronos. I've also been told/read that for non-chronos this doesn't apply. Before learning about this I used to set the date all hours of the day and night without incident so I really don't know if this is an urban legend or not. Maybe some of the experts will chime in on this one.

Oh, the reason they say not to set the date between those times is because that's when the date is changing and if you manually set the date you can cause the gears to grind.

there is an easy solution to changing the date on 7750's (i actually do this on all my watches so i don't forget when setting my 7750's):

before setting the date, set the time to 5:25

easy peasy :victory:

deltatahoe

EDIT to add: i believe the technical thing that goes wrong if you change the date during the wrong time (i believe some have called it the "witching" hours) is that you screw up the keyless works.

Oh, the reason they say not to set the date between those times is because that's when the date is changing and if you manually set the date you can cause the gears to grind.

That's what I've been told repeatedly too. But I read never to set the date when it's between 9 PM to 6 AM. You just go beyond 6, and then set the date. Since then, I read it's 3 AM.

This thread needs the master modder from Canada to explain.

However, may I ask you Zeus are you Greek? Because new member Nasosn also posted his thread in capitals, like you did. Maybe it's a Greek thing. :p

P.S.: It's usually changed to lower-case by Mods. As you know, online, capital letters stand for "shouting".

@Zeus: No worries, darling. BTW, you have a lot of compatriots here, but since they didn't say anything YET, welcome to the forum.

Oh, and your English is wayy better than my Greek. :p

I'll give you a real-life example:

One night where I was ignorant about knowing how to operate a 7750 (A7750), it was 12:40AM and the day was in a "changing over" mode.

My wife and I went out to see the sights @ Orlando, and me, being self-conscious about how my watch looked, I bothered to fiddle with the day corrector so that the correct day showed.

24 hours later I found out that I ended up jamming the daywheel.