When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look at this beauty....

francodino

Correct. That's because it came with the PW the maker used to build it. Look at the 6 and 9, no where close to the gen. Davidsen's dials are much better. Here are some examples of the dials. From top to bottom are the watch on eBay, a gen 3646, and Davidsen's Vintage. Note how close Big D's dial is to the gen and how off the auction watch's is.

DSC05302.jpg

4968.jpg

DSCF1718.jpg

Don't know Jay.. For me it doesn't even look remotely close to Dsn's dial hence fake.

The crown is aftermarket but it is not strange for a watch that old to have an aftermarket crown.

I think it is gen unless you know something more about it Jay :D

Don't know Jay.. For me it doesn't even look remotely close to Dsn's dial hence fake.

The crown is aftermarket but it is not strange for a watch that old to have an aftermarket crown.

I think it is gen unless you know something more about it Jay :D

Look close at the 6 and 9, I've yet to see a vintage with open numbers like that. I do remember a collector doing his own hommage piece, and it looked much like that. The crown is what made me remember that piece.

Look close at the 6 and 9, I've yet to see a vintage with open numbers like that. I do remember a collector doing his own hommage piece, and it looked much like that. The crown is what made me remember that piece.

Yes 6 & 9 are more open than usual but they have the correct thickness. DSN's are double the thickness and very wrong.

Also the case from the ebay photos look ok and not modern style rep. Hands look ok, crystal looks ok..

Again I really don't know but my feelings say it is gen or this collector has done a MAGNIFICENT job.

Yes 6 & 9 are more open than usual but they have the correct thickness. DSN's are double the thickness and very wrong.

Also the case from the ebay photos look ok and not modern style rep. Hands look ok, crystal looks ok..

Again I really don't know but my feelings say it is gen or this collector has done a MAGNIFICENT job.

DSN has dials with thinner indices, as well --

DSC02788.jpg

Here are 3 genuine Vintage Kampfs. The one on the right looks has more open 6 & 9 liek the one in the auction. :)

picture087fd9.jpg

I don't know V, they look the same to me. I feel that the dial on the eBay 3646 is different than the others and any I've ever seen. I checked Sr. Ferretti's site and they are all the same, as they should.

With vintage PAM pieces even more so than any other, you need to buy the seller more than the watch, it would seem...

I MUST CONCUR Peep (I always wanted to say that). 6 recent pos feedback, 24 total. A total of $18,000 with the last 6 sales, and we are (I believe with reason) questioning the authenticity of a $74,000 vintage Panerai ...... Ummmmm, run for the hills with your Amex black in pocket.

Ahhhhhh, a civil discussion without snobbery or flaming ..... what a GREAT Community!

Well sometimes in watches like this the seller (if it is indeed a franken) knows probably very few for specificatins for the watch unless he has some paperwork from the company to certify the authenticity of the piece.

The seller may look legitimate sometimes but there are cases where he has been tricked and he honestly believes he had a bargain and can make serious money ;)

I agree that it is not 100% definitive that it is a gen.. But my gut feeling says it is. :)