When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Gmt - Hour Hand Adjustable

cskent69

Sorry - i think i messed up my description. They claim that it works the way the rolex and omega GMT's actually work. The date is connected to the hour hand. The hour is independant of the GMT.

Hopefully i am describing this correctly.

yes, the hour hand is adjustable, so the hand stacks are correct compared to the original. But apparently everything else was botched; bad font on the writings, bad crown, etc.

However, you have to take into consideration that with the 2836 being modded to accommodate the GMT hand, you are running into the risk of having them break down alot easier, and no everyone will be willing fix them (I certainely won't) as they are not true GMTs and the chances of them breaking again is just as likely, so no watchsmith will be willing to guarantee their work.

And one last thing, the hour hand doesnt work like the genuine, the genuine omegas and rolex moves in 1 hour increments, while this one doesn't.

hope this helps.

My 2836-based GMT has been flawless. Runs like a champ after a year. After bezel exchange I think it's hell of a rep. Functionality of the 2836 isn't like in original but the GMT hand is settable and keeps great time. Visually it's very close, unlike the new version which is full of flaws (as Marrickville stated).

72740-32232.jpg

Too bad I broke it. :whistling:

I am getting visions of a number of alternate grisly murder scenes.....

Land Rover reverse lights, the advancing black wall of 205/R16 rubber.... :inv:

The clink of ice cubes, the verandah, the contract killer 'elbow', the freefall, the sickening crack of granite... :stretcher:

An Alaskan white-water stretch, a black-tailed deer's frozen stare from the riverbank, a distant gunshot, and a bare wrist...:snorkel:

* whispering * I see dead watches.... :nopity:

HAH!!!!!!!!! You captured it perfectly! Except for one:

Walking silently through the dense woods smeared with moose blood, and an enormous Grizzly bursts from the underbrush... the forearm is jammed into the snapping jaws flecked with foam. :Jumpy:

Tssk, give me a chance there Bob, I don't get these visions 'on tap' you know :brow:

p.s. I hear moose blood also really works well with Scandinavian girls - true? :Jumpy:

My 2836-based GMT has been flawless. Runs like a champ after a year. After bezel exchange I think it's hell of a rep. Functionality of the 2836 isn't like in original but the GMT hand is settable and keeps great time. Visually it's very close, unlike the new version which is full of flaws (as Marrickville stated).

73085-32108.jpg

Not sure about the flaws that you are describing. Can anyone comment on the one from EL? Looks nice to me - but i am no expert.

73085-32109.jpg