When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got back from the AD

andreww

On my lunch today I made a stop at the Breitling AD. Asked to see what they had in the way of straps and I picked out a Breitling black rubber divers strap. It was marked at $75 but with a little haggling I walked away only $60 lighter :)

Anyway, I have it mounted on my Navitimer (I actually bought it for my chrono avenger but couldn't wait to try it out), and here are my impressions.

The rubber is soft and doesn't seem to attract dust. It is fairly long, meaning on my 6.75" wrist, I'm using the last hole. So beware if your wrist is any smaller. The buckle looks cool but is hard to get done up as the back half serves as the first keeper, and its hard to bend the strap underneath. The keeper itself is very snug and hard to get over the strap. Rubber on rubber doesn't seem to slide very well :( Hopefully the rubber will soften up a bit and make it a bit easier to work with.

On the bright side it doesn't seem to be attracting dust yet, and its fairly comfortable!

EDIT, here's the pic!

img_3637559.jpg

Edited by andreww

Congrats andreww, sounds like a good deal.

I find the rubber straps sticky and uncomfortable to wear, but maybe the rep ones only suffer from this problem.

RG

The sticky rubber ones are a little "sweaty" for me...but the IWC strap I found very comfortable (the gen one that is)...surprisingly so.