When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tools to use

olesch

Hello!

I am quite new to fixing watches, however I am quite experienced with small electronics so I dont think this is going to be a problem.

I have a Submariner Swiss ETA, I managed to push the release mechanism for the stem a bit to far in. I have searched this forum ang came across rbj69 and his tutorial to do fix it. However, this accuires you to remove the date wheel, hands and dial.

So my question now is, what tools do i need to perform this operation and where can I buy them? I already have a bunch of fine electronic screwdrivers with the smallest going down to 1mm.

Please help me out.

So my question now is, what tools do i need to perform this operation and where can I buy them? I already have a bunch of fine electronic screwdrivers with the smallest going down to 1mm.

You obviously got the caseback off...but if there's an issue, you could use what's called a Jaxa caseback tool, or the Rolex Bergeon openers (get cheap arms, and the OEM Bergeon dies in 29.5mm size for the Submariners, SSD, etc).

The small screwdrivers go down to 0.5mm...and some people still sharpen these to get the blades thinner.

I see by you local time you are in uk so i would recomend cousins uk, you will need as already said, tweasers hand removers and setter, i would get a stick of rodico, it is like bluetac and good for removing oil, dust and finger prints ect and get a good set of screw drivers. oh and a crate of beer for when you are finished! Good luck and have fun learning.

Thankyou all!

Yes I have a tool to open up the watch.

I live in Sweden so this stuff is a little bit harder to find here, but I have searched Ebay alot. I have been looking for a tool set but then I guess there are no such so I have to buy tool by tool.

Are there any particular stores you can recommend for tools which ships international more than Offrei/ Cousins or they are the way to go?

I also have an additional question and that is for spare parts or upgrade parts such as crown stem datewheel etc (original rolex or aftermarket). Any recommendations for a good store here?

Edited by olesch