When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Windrider Series - Chronomat GT. Papers, Finally.

rodwc

Bought this gen. Windrider Series - Chronomat GT

on Ebay about 4 years ago.

Unfortunately it didn`t have the chronometer Attestation certificate from Breitling.

Contacted Breitling late Nov. 07 to see if one could be obtained,

They told me that the watch was originally supplied to one of their Carribean AD`s, in 2000.

Ordered one from the Sydney AD, and it finally arrived today

Total time 4 months+ from start to finish, cost A$ 66.

So if anyone has a Gen. Breitling without full paperwork , they can be obtained.

@UB7 many thanks.

CIMG0653.jpg

WindriderChronomat.jpg

CIMG1434.jpg

Nice watch! This is very good to hear as I bought a blackbird (also before they started using COSC) and it did not come with papers. However I did bring it to my breitling AD and had my friend call breitling and ask them when it was manufactured (september 98)..I am going to contact breitling and hopefully get these papers. thanks for the great news rod! are you sure that your breitling is a BCE? im pretty sure the watch you posted a pic of is a chronomat, rather than a chronomat evolution

here are my 2 gen breits

2breit.jpg

Nice watch! This is very good to hear as I bought a blackbird (also before they started using COSC) and it did not come with papers. However I did bring it to my breitling AD and had my friend call breitling and ask them when it was manufactured (september 98)..I am going to contact breitling and hopefully get these papers. thanks for the great news rod

Contact Breitling initially via, their website, quoting model and serial no.

they will then contact an AD who should then contact you.

It`s all very long winded, so just play along with them.

I have a Gen Chronomat Vitesse, and I am curious about this. Does your caseback have the COSC spelled out on the back or is it an early pre-COSC caseback? Mine is close to yours in manufacture date and I don't have the COSC on the caseback. I find it interesting and puzzling how they can give you a COSC cert if it was pre-cert days. I wouldn't mind having the paper, although it doesn't really matter too much to me. I've owned mine since new and it has been a great daily workhorse of a watch for the past 7 years for me...

Pete

I have a Gen Chronomat Vitesse, and I am curious about this. Does your caseback have the COSC spelled out on the back or is it an early pre-COSC caseback? Mine is close to yours in manufacture date and I don't have the COSC on the caseback. I find it interesting and puzzling how they can give you a COSC cert if it was pre-cert days. I wouldn't mind having the paper, although it doesn't really matter too much to me. I've owned mine since new and it has been a great daily workhorse of a watch for the past 7 years for me...

Pete

I have corrected the model now thanks to UB7.

It does have the Chronographe Certifie Chronometre on the back and the model no. is B 13350.

its too desirable to me as its an unrepped model! :p

I had never considered that fact, and is very true.

The only reason for the extra paperwork, was for when I eventually , "cark it" .

Then my son will know just what it is.

I was happy buying a gen SA as the rep was lousy anyway....

I wouldn't buy a BCE or SFSO gen,the rep is to good.....

I agree. And sometimes, having the papers can only ensure that you're getting a gen and not a rep/franken.

Although I do know that movements are also serialized (also numbered on the mainplate) when it undergoes COSC testing.