When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help: New SSD

itseme

Guest carlsbadrolex

YES, send it back to whoever sold it to you or wear it upside down!

I guess you could disassemble the watch and remove the hands and put them in the correct place. But if its a new watch with such a glaring defect, I would wonder what else was wrong!

I had the same problem with two nice watches: one DRSD/MBW from MBK and the other IWC Ingy automatic (both are 2836 ETA). Both are perfect besides that. I gave the watches to a watchsmith (a good one) and he fixed both, I had it back the day after. Now, both change date at midnight sharp.

This might be easier than all the hassle involved in shipping the watch back and forth to china.

Good luck!

Hi

Just received my new SSD. The problem is, that the date changes at 6 oclock instead at 12oclock. Does someone know how to fix it?

greets

Can you share who did you get it from? At least we know whose stock to avoid in the future... Thanks.

Edited by rangers158

ah....i remember the days when I expected $500 watches to function like $3500 gens. Those days were oh so fleeting...

Believe me, there are lots of defects worth avoiding dealers, waiting three weeks for a replacement, and/or risking the bigger nightmare of losing a returned watch to customs, but a three minute job for the guy at the mall kiosk isn't one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

a fren of mine had this issue wif the SSD. Instead the date roll over at 6 o'clock not click. when open up to the check the movement its an ETA 2836. wondering wats the problem, he still haven't send it back to check. any idea wats the problem guys??

This issue is actually not really uncommen, it happens and I've seen it alot. I therefore test my watches prior to shipment, and if it's in like 1-3 minute ratio before/after 24.00, I leave it.

If it is 4-5min or more I find it too fugly and get the hands taken out and put back in.

Also a very common problem is that the MAG on the rollies rep are at times misalligned this too needs to get checked on a watch per watch basis.

QC is everything.

Oh about the MBK watches, they also have to be checked just like any other rep, I have one sitting here, by closer inspection and after keeping the time (which I don't do for every watch btw but this one is just massively expensive 800$ selling price) it is the APROO with Hornback strap (real hornback MBK charge sooo much but its damn beautiful) it didn't keep good time like 2-3 hours too fast in a day. Then by even closer inspection there was a small hair-like object inside the dail.... damn! Customer would kill me if I send something like that, besides all the time and risk, money lost in the process to send a replacement / repair.