When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel Engravings

bertieng

The best way i've heard is just use model paint, you know...the paint that is used to paint model tanks/planes/etc. The best way to do it is since the engraving on the bezel is indented, you just brush the paint roughly over the bezel, no need to be precise at all, making sure you cover all the numbers and letters. Let the paint settle a little bit, but dont let it dry totally, then use a cloth with turps and wipe off the excess paint on the bezel.

Result: the paint in the engravement are still there but the mess that you've made around it will be cleaned up. Good as new!

hope this helps.

The best way i've heard is just use model paint, you know...the paint that is used to paint model tanks/planes/etc. The best way to do it is since the engraving on the bezel is indented, you just brush the paint roughly over the bezel, no need to be precise at all, making sure you cover all the numbers and letters. Let the paint settle a little bit, but dont let it dry totally, then use a cloth with turps and wipe off the excess paint on the bezel.

Result: the paint in the engravement are still there but the mess that you've made around it will be cleaned up. Good as new!

hope this helps.

Thanks.

But as you know the indents are not very deep, the turps can easily eat up the paint on the engravings as well. Also, paint for models is supposed for binding on plastic substrates, for metal surfaces they may not form strong bondings.

Well i've tried it and its worked fine, so has i think The Zigmeister.

Your other option is use paint for cars, i'm sure its gotta a better adhesive bond in relation to metals compared to model paint. But as you know, its all about trying, if it doesnt sit well, just turps to wipe it off, then you're back to square one.

I've done this to original tag watches which the black bezel numerals have faded. Its worked perfectly, give it a go and let us know how it went.

Good luck

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

Anyone tried to repainted the engravings on PAM's steel bezel? Some of the black paint on mine fell off, how to redo the painting, and what kind of paint should be used? Thanks.

There's stuff made specifically for this. It's called, unsurprisingly, Engraving Filler. Check out your local craft shops or google it.