When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep jealousy

fotoman

For me it's the personal project watches that are the most jealousy-inspiring. I can conceive of buying the latest HBB, but the type of frankens that some members have created are something else entirely. Once you've done one of these types of projects yourself, you realize the type of time and $$ and committment that is required to be able to bring one to completion.

That's why these special watches are even more personally valuable to their owners than a genuine would be, $$ not withstanding. It's not BS, these folks are being dead-honest when they say that they wouldn't trade their frankens for their genuine counterpart. There is so much more character and history behind those watches. I believe it's the most relevant sub-section of the watch world, in terms of genuine experimentation and the type of thought-process that was vibrant in the hey-day of the mechanical watch.

Guest pamfried

@phoband,

thanks for the compliments. i for one love your pvd skeleton. Its a project i wish to embark on you know that.

For your compliments i'll take a shot of 5 Safaris for you tomorrow. :)

And maye a honpo187...

and mayb a MBW SWISS ETA Black Themes.

Cheers!!

@phoband,

thanks for the compliments. i for one love your pvd skeleton. Its a project i wish to embark on you know that.

For your compliments i'll take a shot of 5 Safaris for you tomorrow. :)

And maye a honpo187...

and mayb a MBW SWISS ETA Black Themes.

Cheers!!

yeah i have been keeping my eye out for another black movement, but haven't seen one.

Interesting thread.

How could any mere mortal remain unemotional over Ubi's 16520s?

SIG1.jpg

But, for me, the ultimate object of lust & jealousy is Avitt's (rarely seen) silver dialed DW, which was the catalyst & inspiration for my Newmans (its black dialed sister ranks a close 2nd). The enigmatic artistry of this watch is palpable & magnetic

264232-4856.jpg

I had the opportunity to look at avitt's dw at a gtg.... the pic does not do it justice.... incredible watch...